I'm Home!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lwalker108
on 4/21/04 11:46 pm - Appling, GA
I had my surgery on Monday. Everything went great. I had a terrific surgeon Dr. James Sherman. The first day was horrible because of the tube that I had. I could not have anything to drink or any ice chips until I went back to xray and had that tube removed. On Tuesday about mid day Dr. Sherman removed the tube and everything was fantastic. The nurses were also great. I started walking right after I came back up to my room from xray. They did not even give me time to breathe. They told me the quicker I could get around the quicker I could go home. So I went walking 3 times on Tuesday and twice on Wednesday. On Wednesday evening Dr. Sherman came to visit me and said that he had only heard good things about me and I could go home know or what until Thursday morning. I choose to go home then since my husband was on his way to the hospital. I hope that everyone else that had surgery on Monday had a very sucessfull surgery like I did. May God Bless of You and take care. Lori
Jennifer H.
on 4/21/04 11:49 pm - Hampton, VA
Congratulations!!! I'm 6 days from surgery and fullly intend on walking early too....keep up the good work & posting...it's inspiring for those of us still waiting!! Jennifer
Jillybean
on 4/22/04 12:12 am - Fayetteville/Fort Bragg, NC
Congratulations!!! I found the walking really helped too! I was up and walking (well, leaning on a wheelchair) about 4 hours after surgery. Since then, I walked every 3-4 hours until I went home. I honestely believed thats the reason why I'm recovering so quickly.
Jamming James
on 4/22/04 6:22 am - Backwoods, GA
Glad you're doing fine....I had to reply because your doctor and I share the same name...wonder if he's a long lost brother? Anyway, congratulations...my surgery is scheduled for Monday (4/26)
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 777 views