8 days post op down 20lbs already!!

Kelly_J
on 4/21/04 11:47 am - NY
Helloo all fellow 13thers, I am 1 week post op and have already lost 20lbs, my doctor was shocked and I am almost fell off the scale when they told me that! I was in so much pain and regretting the surgery, I had a drain for 3 days after I got home and it was horrible, but for people who never had to have it, sorry, it would be the first indicator that there was or is a leak, I was glad to have it there so a leak could be detected, once it was proven that there were no leaks, it came out along with the staples. I had lap-RNY. I am also noticiing that I can drink more then I should be, my stomach is 2 oz but I can drink slowly about 3-5. I have heard many people say that it's hard to find their full feeling until a few weeks after surgery. I had to stay in the hospital an extra day too because I was throwing up blood. God was that scary, I was crying and so was mys husband, he was there with me when it happened. I guess I bled too much during the surgery and the blood pooled in my stomach which made me eventually throw up, but I thought I was dying! I feel so much better now then I did a couple days ago. I am tolerating foods so well it's csary. My doc does days 1-3 clear liq., then 4-7 full liq., then 4-6 weeks pureed, then regular food. I found myself going early into the pureed and eating yogurt and mashed potatoes, oops! I had to get some salt in too so I ended up sucking on my sons goldfish crackers then spitting them out and not swallowing, I did the same with a piece of hot dog too, I am so head hungry and my taste buds want real food. Anyone else having this problem, always feeling like you need food? Kelly
Patti M.
on 4/21/04 12:31 pm - Pasadena, MD
Kelly My surgery was the 12th and until yesterday I was doing great. I ate some Beans puried and they tasted great until an hour after that and I have felt sick since. I woke in the middle of the night with a lot of pain in my lower abdomin. I finally took some pain meds went to sleep and felt better in the morning. Tried some mashed potatos tonight same effect. What protein shake are you using?
Kelly_J
on 4/22/04 3:43 am - NY
Right now I drink Carb Control Atkins Sugar Free Chocolate milk. It is the best tasting of all the protein drinks I have had, it almost tastes like melted chocolate ice cream with a little brownie mix in it, it's good, I wanted to to regular chocolate milk but too much sugar or fat or something, whatever the doctor said, I will be posting my pic too, I am 24yrs old! I'm a young one, look out world!
glasscity mom
on 4/21/04 10:56 pm - Waterville, OH
Hi Kelly, Another 13ther here. Funny how surgeons are different. I came home with the drain. I go in tommorrow to have it removed. Since you had it you know it is a litteral pain in my side. Only one more day I was on clear liquids for 7 days. This week I am on full liquids. I am doing ok. Unofficial weigh loss is 15 lbs. I will get the official weight tomorrow. I too would like to hear ideas about protein. I bought Designers Whey. I really do NOT like it. I continue to use it until some samples I bought on line come in. Good to hear from you and know that you are doing better. What a great weight loss. 20 lbs in 8 days. Look out world here we come.
C. W.
on 4/22/04 6:39 am - Carbondale, IL
good job Kelly, I have lost 12 pounds, and im doing great... Conita
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out