Newbie to board and WLS

Terri B.
on 4/21/04 12:51 am - New Milford, CT
Hi all! My name is Terri and I just recently had Lap-band surgery on the 15th. I'm almost a week post-op and feel fantastic! My mouth is still telling me I want food, but my stomach is on a totally different page. I'm looking for some emotional support to get me through. Any and all replies would be appreciated! Thanks!
Rachelq
on 4/21/04 1:57 am - Laguna Niguel, CA
RNY on 04/27/04 with
Welcome to you Terri! If you are looking for support, you've come to the right place. I'm still pre-op so I can't relate the the head hunger thing after surgery...but I'm sure I will. Just wanted to welcome you! Rachel
cherub32169
on 4/21/04 2:35 am - Baltimore, MD
Hi Terri and welcome!! I had my surgery on the 1st and it was open. YES, I crave olives, hot dogs, lunchmeat, etc. I have "smooshed" some olives up and eaten them (no problem by the way). When it gets bad I head to freezer and snatch a popsicle or two. I call the craving "chub-shock" lol I have faith that it will go away but if I do take a bite of something I shouldn't really have, I chew it about 40 times and really relish the taste of it that way my mind is pretty satisfied too! -Sandra
Jillybean
on 4/21/04 4:01 am - Fayetteville/Fort Bragg, NC
Hi and welcome! I'm 9 days post-op and I've found my appetite. It really scared me at first--- for some reason I thought after surgery I just wouldn't feel hungry. But I do, and I do crave things. However, because I know how important it is for me to get my nutrition, whenever I feel hungry I grab a protein shake, and then I feel really full so my cravings are gone. 3 more weeks until I can go to the pureed diet. Its liquids until then, but surprisingly not as difficult as one might think. I had an RNY, and the little pouch sure does help! Hang in there!
Terri B.
on 4/21/04 7:19 am - New Milford, CT
Thanks to everyone! I am on liquids for a few more weeks, so I'll just have to put mind over matter~ You are all awesome for responding!
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 777 views