Kinda Slow on the down side

Laurie C.
on 4/21/04 12:23 am - Atlantic Beach, FL
Hey All, Yesterday was my 2 week post op. No loss this week and only 7 lbs the first week. My staples are all out now and I don't go back for 2 weeks. Doc has me on Ensure high protien by tube ( 2 bottles a day). The carbs are high and with my fibromyalgia (don't metabolize carbs well), I believe this is the reason for no loss. However, doc wants me to continue on high protien another week by tube. I am now doing a high protien powder with much less carbs in it. Hope it helps. I did start back at work 8 days after surgery. I feel fine!! I am now able to eat mashed potatoes and pureed foods, starting today. I am trying to get more exercise in by walking more each evening. I hope I can lose some this week. It can be disappointing to go thru this and not lose anything. Hope everyone else is doing well. I will update more next week!
Rachelq
on 4/21/04 3:22 am - Laguna Niguel, CA
RNY on 04/27/04 with
Hi Laurie, That has to be so furstrating. A friend of mine had surgery last month. They were pumping food into her...and she gained...now that she is off and eating on her own...she lost 14lbs in two weeks. It will happen! Take care, Rachel
Jillybean
on 4/21/04 4:06 am - Fayetteville/Fort Bragg, NC
I'm sorry Its frustrating to not see the scale move. Forget pounds, and concentrate on being a healthier you. The pounds will come off. Give it time. I've also noticed that those who start with a heavier "start weight" tend to lose more and faster, so if you're under 300lbs. to start, it may just be coming off a little slower as compared to someone heavier. And remember, we're all different. Our bodies are different. We'll all lose at different rates.
Katie D.
on 4/22/04 4:34 am - Luxemburg, WI
I was having this same feeling the other day, as of tommorow I am three weeks out and have only lost appr. 20 lbs, Then I thought to myself when have I ever lost 20 lbs in three weeks, I am going to the dr tonight and hoping to hear some good news....
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 777 views