Any other 23rd-er's?

Nikki B.
on 4/20/04 12:48 pm - metairie, LA
Well I'm in my last lil count down.. lots of wonderful antibacterial soaps to bathe with and some lovely pills to take .. and lets not forget the wonderful protein.. (its not that bad). Anyone else out there for the 23rd? I have so many people here who are post surgery and I get the feeling this thing is kinda like having a baby.. you forget the pain after a while.. I'm gettin worried they've glossed over things and am trying very hard to stay organized, realistic, and positive..
Debbie W.
on 4/20/04 1:31 pm - Mars Hill, NC
Hi Nikki, I am going in at 9am on the 23rd.....kind of hard to sleep tonight, my mind just will not let me rest!! I will be praying for both of us to have a speedy recovery! see you on the losing side Girl!!
Nikki B.
on 4/20/04 1:34 pm - metairie, LA
whew Thanks Debbie.. I was worried I was the only one not sleeping.. I'm prayin for you as well.. and me.. and my poor momma who has to come with me to the hospital.. and the nurses who will have to put up with me.. lemme know if ya needa vent or anything.. and i'll see ya on the losin side!
L D.
on 4/21/04 1:07 am - IN
I'll be joining you both on the 23rd! I'm about to drive my kids and husband crazy with my pacing and babble. Tommorrow will be the real challenge for us all, I'm sure! I'll say a prayer for us all.
Jillybean
on 4/21/04 4:26 am - Fayetteville/Fort Bragg, NC
To be compltely honest, I was not prepared for the kind of pain I was in after surgery. I'm telling you this not to scare you, but so that you are informed because I wish someone would have told me. I usually have a high tolerance for pain. I've had 2 previous surgeries (not wls) and the doctors and nurses have always been surprised that I was not in as much pain as they thought I should be. This time was different. The pain was something I couldn't have imagined. However, on the upside, the pain didn't last long. By 3 days after surgery I was getting around pretty well. I was still sore and tired, but I wasn't in pain anymore. I am now 9 days post-op and I'm back to my ol' self. I can bend again, I can get around just as well as I did before surgery, I haven't taken any pain meds in 4 days. My energy has come back. I'm even driving again. The only thing I can't do is lift. Now I'm just waiting for my staples to come out because they're getting itchy and irritating (I can't wait until Friday!) but its not painful. So just know that when you're feeling miserable the day of or the day after surgery, there is a light at the end of the tunnel! I had an open RNY. Recovery for other types of WLS may be different. And of course, everyone's experience will be different. Good luck! You won't regret it! I'm down 15lbs and feeling great!
Nikki B.
on 4/21/04 6:18 am - metairie, LA
girl.. THANK YOU. I needed to hear exactly what you said. I pray that you get better bit by bit and that Friday flies for both of us.. For us that are havin the surgery that it goes smoothly and the day goes well.. and for you that the staples come out out out... now now now! Sounds like we're all gonna be on the losin side pretty quick.. let me know if i can do anything for you guys!
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 777 views