Scary thoughts

Lois N.
on 4/20/04 11:55 am - Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Yesterday I dropped my son off at his friends house and his friends mom asked me about my surgery. What really scared me is this woman is probably 350 pounds and she had the surgery 14 years ago. It's scary to think I could go through everything and maybe eventually gain it all back. I will do everything in my power to lose everything I need to and to keep it off. I hope this is not common.
Larakatya
on 4/20/04 12:04 pm - Twin Cities, MN
Keep in mind, the surgery is just a tool. The choice is ours to respect it and use it to its full advantage. Unless she truly has stretched out her pouch (which is actually pretty unlikely) she still has the tool availble to her as well. If she started following the pouch rules, chances are very likely that she could lose her weight all over again. They say that those *****gularly attend support groups are much more likely have long term success. Position yourself with a regular support group, a good therapist, and keep in mind when you are going through your tough days that we are running a marathon, not a sprint. Best of luck to you on your journey, ~Lara
Jillybean
on 4/21/04 4:33 am - Fayetteville/Fort Bragg, NC
This is my biggest fear-- that I'll lose the weight and then gain it back. But it really has to be a conscious decision. The fact is that the pouch WILL stretch. Its up to you to make healthy choices. Only you decide what you put in your mouth. After going through such a risky surgery, I can't fathom how anyone would let themselves get that big again. I am determined to lose the weight and keep it off. We have eachother as a support system!
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 777 views