Its been a Week....

C. W.
on 4/20/04 6:29 am - Carbondale, IL
hello all the 13th er's ...we are now 1 week post op I am feeling great,,, well not 100% but much better than I was. -----I have even lost and un-offical 10 or so pounds. I was wonder how everyone else is doing and feeling...leave an update everyone is still in my prayers have i hope that you will be fast losers and happy ones too Take care Conita
glasscity mom
on 4/20/04 6:55 am - Waterville, OH
Good to hear from you. I am doing fine too. Just a little slow also. I started on whole liquids today. This protein powder stuff is yucky. Anybody have any great recipes or ideas how to use it to make it taste better? I know quit complaining. It has been an eventful week and I am looking forward to the future. Good luck on the loosing Deb
C. W.
on 4/20/04 9:54 am - Carbondale, IL
Deb, protein powder can be very nasty I know. I tried that on one of my many diets, I ened up taking it back to GNC and got my money back. So for protien now I bought carb solution ready to drink. It is really good and has 21 gram of protein in one. It is kinda expensive, but i cant do the power... I also bought about kind and will tell you how it is when i finish this box.,,... glad to hear you are doing well.. Conita
Debra S.
on 4/21/04 12:01 am - Hillsborough, NJ
I use a whey based protein powder and mix it in a blender with 4 oz. milk, about 10 ice cubes, 2 splenda and some liquid flavoring. When it is all blended it is like a milkshake and not too bad to get down. Makes a big difference in the taste and I do one for breakfast and one for dinner with my fluids in between. I will be a week post-op tomorrow and go for my one week visit on Friday. Unofficially I am down 10 pounds or so since surgery morning. Hope this helps you out. Keep loosing.
Knotty D.
on 4/20/04 10:28 pm - Marlborough, MA
My surgery was the 12th of april, and I was 279#. I am off my percocets (since sunday) and have exercised 3 times a day since getting home. I feel great, and my scale says I am now 258. I am concerned I may be losing too quickly, but I am getting my staples out today so I will ask the doctor then. I am able to keep down all 32 ounces per day of carnation instant breakfast, but need to use lactaid milk, the gas was terrible before I switched. There is a cambells soup consomme beef broth, and if you close your eyes, it tastes like pot roast gravy. I am also very fortunate that I can tolerate all the water as well. Best wishes Joe
irisheyes
on 4/20/04 11:37 pm - Harmony, MN
Hi Conita....It's good to hear from you I was getting worried! I'm glad to hear you you are doing well! I'm about the same place you are. moving kind of slowly, but feeling good. I have been wondering around the house, dusting etc. and that goes well. I too am down the unoffical 10 lbs. I'll take it! Running out of varity in pureed foods, but got pudding and jello yesterday (sugarfree) so we'll see how that goes. I have tried to do some exercising, but get alittle sore. Good to hear from you....hope everyone else is doing good also! Katie
C. W.
on 4/21/04 5:14 am - Carbondale, IL
Katie, I doing ok, but sometimes when im on the computer it makes me dizzy but all in all i am doing great. I have my first appt tomorrow and I will let you all know how it goes.. Conita
Kelly_J
on 4/21/04 5:24 am - NY
I'm a 13ther too, I was regretting the surgery until a couple days age, I have already lost 20lbs, 30lbs since before the surgery, I lost 10lbs prior to surgery, I am still sore but it's getting better each day, did you all feel like you got hit by a truck and punched in the gut over and over again? I did, I can't wait to start feeling good enough to take long walks. Kelly
momof 3
on 4/21/04 10:12 pm - Dearborn Heights, MI
Hello Exeryone Im also a 13th er...Im feeling great now.Id have to say the first two days that i got home was awfull.but now im raring to go..lol..Ive lost 25pds so far and 10 pd of those was retaining of water. All my liquids are all going down even my protien drinks.Im walking alot and doing lilttle things around the house and just feeling happy now.Im dealing with head hunger though its not to bad but its there non the less and im dealing with it.....so everybody have a great day and congrats on all of your weight loss......Cristina
Eileen G.
on 4/23/04 12:02 am - Sun Valley, NV
Hi Conita... I'm glad to hear you are doing well, Ive lost over 20lbs and feel as good as can be expected, still sore and I get tired easy. Yesterday I went to visit my friend in the hospital (she had her surgery the 21st) that was a workout. There is not a place to park within a 1/4 mi of any room. I hope you continue to be a Loser...I will keep in touch Eileen
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 777 views