Constipated!

steeladm
on 4/20/04 3:20 am - Newfield, NJ
Okay...this is my last issue! I am almost 4 weeks post-op and I have only gone to the bathroom twice since I've been home! At first, the applejuice and applesauce helped me those two times to go, but now it's not working. The visiting nurse said I have bowel sounds. Does this mean I just don't have anything in me to go or should I take something to make myself go? Nobody from my support group has had this problem! HELP!
cherub32169
on 4/20/04 5:54 am - Baltimore, MD
Hi Linda, Are you drinking enough water? Are you in any pain from it? I'm 3 wks post op myself and pretty "regular" (every other or every two days). I'm like an old person when it comes to bowel movements; I need action every couple of days or I'm in a panic. lol If I were you I'd opt for a laxative (gentle) but I'd check with your dr first. -Sandra
Steve M.
on 4/20/04 7:23 am - IN
I heard to take Milk of Magnesia and prune juice, mix it together and then heat it in the microwave. Yum, yum. You GO girl! Debbie
Melissa M.
on 4/24/04 6:18 am - Ridgewood, NJ
Dear Linda, You're not alone, my doc said no laxatives in the first 8 weeks, use an enema. I guess my opinion is: less in- less out, but if you feel the urge and can't go then do something. -Melissa
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 777 views