Counting down

Lovely Lady O.
on 4/20/04 12:09 am - Buffalo, NY
I am on a six day count down going in 4/26. Im scared and excited at the same time. Any words of wisdom to help me to prepare for this things I may need to do or bring. Please as Im not big on posting on the site Im usually just a reader. Thanks Alanna
Josie C.
on 4/20/04 4:53 am - High Desert, CA
Hi Alanna, I am having surgery on the 26th also...Congrats Surgery Buddy. I've made myself a short list of things to take to the hospital, based on other peoples suggestions: Slippers...unless you don't mind walking around in the sock slippers they give you in the hospital. Lip Balm...most of the suggestions recommend Carmex Hairbrush/Comb Wet wipes...Baby wipes or Dove wipes Loose clothing to wear home...and a pillow for your tummy in the car. Biotene (Travel Size)...I added this because I know I will not be able to drink anything for at least 24 hours after surgery and I understand our mouths will get really dry and icky. Biotene is a mouthwash that reduces cottonmouth. I added one more thing because I am a vain kinda girl...make-up. Hope this helps,
Brenda K.
on 4/20/04 7:09 am - Knoxville, TN
Hi, I'm on the 26th also! Only one thing to add, don't forget the wooden spoon to help you reach for personal cleanliness. Won't be able to bend like we used to! Best of everything, ~Brenda
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 777 views