hello to the April 13th-ers

Eileen G.
on 4/19/04 9:16 am - Sun Valley, NV
we made it... tommorrow is 1 week post op...how are you all doing out there Katie, Conita, Deb and the rest, hmmm I've noticed my bra's getting a little loose..water is my friend I must drink it, (just not to fast it comes out your nose) farting is not a social stigma just laugh and so will every one else( tell it just you shrinking another inch)walk walk walk it helps ....and once again blame the dog for the farts he won't get ....naps are good and so is keeping your sense of humor Love to you all Eileen
Deborah D.
on 4/19/04 11:57 am - Bonham, TX
What are you eating these days? I am having a hard time with variety. My surgery was the day before yours and I definitely don't feel like the same person I was just 6 days ago. Congrats on your success. Got any suggestions? ~Debbie D.
glasscity mom
on 4/19/04 3:36 pm - Waterville, OH
HI Eileen, I am doing fine. Great post. My sons are so amazed with the farting part. Oh well . The only hard part of my recovery is that they sent me home with this drain. I hate the darn thing. Cant sleep or move well because of it. My other little insicions are all healed and do not even hurt. I was on clear liquids for one week. I started today with full liquids. Never so excited about cream of chicken soup with protien powder Good to hear from you. You are right, Keep walking. Deb
alleyjean49
on 4/19/04 4:50 pm - dunbar, PA
CANT BELIEVE SURGERY IS OVER...NO NAUSEA..HANDLING A CLEAR LIQUID DIET QUITE WELL...SICK OF IT THO...PAINS SUBSIDES AT TIMES...BUT SLEEP DONT COME SO WEEL...IF ITS NOT THE PAIN...ITS THE STUPID COUCHING...SEEMS NEVER ENIDING..I HAVE ALLEGIES...NO SINUS DRAINAGE..THAT I CAN TEELL..JUST THIS DRY HACKING COUCH..ANY SUGGESTIONS...TO STOP IT...FEEL TIRED EASILYI..BUT AM DONG OK...KEEP IN TOUCH ADN GOOD LUCK ON LOSING SIDE.
irisheyes
on 4/19/04 11:51 pm - Harmony, MN
Hey loosers! (never thought it would feel so good to be called a looser!) I'm feeling pretty good these days, I still have a little pain, and if i over do it i can sure tell! It's driving me crazy not to get in my car and drive....but not until next week. Water is going good ...so is hot tea. I can't drink my carnation (sugarfree) the first one went well ...but after that....not so well. I can't beleive the gas! I feel as if i could blow my self around the room acouple of times a day! Eileen, I like the shrinking thing...i think i'll use it! Debbie...I'm on puree diet, here's my favorites: refried beans, Grits, mashed potatoes, pureed canned turkey. carrots, applesauce I thought if i can get one of my friends to take me to the store i'd get some sf pudding, jello, and yougert,shrimp, ****tail sauce, and fatfree mayo.....anyother ideas....i guess if it's low in fat and sugar and you can puree it.....Babyfood is BAD! good to hear you are fairing well Eileen! Well hope everyone else is doing well....Conita...we haven't heard from you!!
C. W.
on 4/20/04 6:42 am - Carbondale, IL
yes we made it, One week post op....Im glad to hear that Katie, Eillen, and Deb and evey one else are doing well. I am feeling pretty good these day.,.. I am not hungry but find myself wanting the taste of food in my mouth... And those cream soups....OMG why didn't i eat those before now, they are so damn good....I love them. Today i went back to drinking coffee, but it just made me want to smoke oh yes i have that bad habit... any the coffee was not the same, I was scard to put lots of french Vanilla cream in it as i always do... I have been staying up more and more each day, drinking, walking and going potty,,,I am starting to enjoying not haveing to go to work....I do love daytime tv.. My gas is getting better....thank goodness,,, I had it but it was like it didnt want to go out,,I mean it would get to the exit point and chance its mind....if ya know what I mean...did that happen to anyone else????? well thats enought for now,,, talk to all you LOSERS soon (smile) Conita
Kelly_J
on 4/21/04 5:36 am - NY
I am right with you about the creamed soups, I love them now but would have thrown up at the mention of even taking a taste of one before. Campells soups at hand are good too since you can drink them not like a real soup. Isn't it funny how sick you felt the first few days and now it seems like it got so much better so fast. I hated my drain but it's out now and on Friday I start pureed but I have cheated a little and already ate mashed potatoes, I couldn't help it. The gas and belching are so hard to get out, if I belch like I used to, I will throw up, if I fart like I used to, I will crap my pants! LOL Kelly
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 777 views