Sugery is just a week away!! Attention Post Op Men!

Rugman
on 4/19/04 9:12 am - Lumberton, NC
Hi..I am a 38 year old male with BMI of 59. I am having RNY Lap... I hear the risk are higher for me as a male..however I don't smoke and my pre test showed no clots or any respiratory trouble... I need to hear from men that did well!! Thanks.!! encouragement from ladies is good too.. :0)
Dodie R.
on 4/19/04 9:29 am - North Little Rock, AR
Hi Greg!! I am female and almost old enough to be your mom!!! I had the lap RNY on 4-5-04. You will do well my friend. Anything that you have a question about, just ask your doctor before and after the surgery. God bless you Dodie
Kanelalyn
on 4/19/04 9:40 am - Medford, OR
We are on the same day Greg... Good luck and God bless... keeping you in my prayers.
Kim T.
on 4/19/04 9:56 am - Dracut, MA
*in my deepest voice* You can DO IT GREG!!!!!!!! (ok i'm not good at impersonating a man).. I had lap RNY on the 7th and i feel fantastic, within i'd say a week i felt great and after 10 days i'm back to normal.. remember a few things.. DEFINATELY walk, even if you dont feel like it, it gets everything moving again, heart, lungs, etc!! Do that stupid little blow into the plastic machine and watch the ball rise (i call it the breathalizer) it gets the lungs expanding and minimizes chances for pneumonia, and lastly, water, sips of it allllllllllllllllllllllllllll dang day!!! well that's my advice. Lots of luck to you!!!!!!! ~Kim
Liana R.
on 4/19/04 1:03 pm - Newark, DE
I'm also scheduled for the 27th, Greg, and I'm also having RNY lap. Since I could also use some encouragement, let's encourage each other! I'm at 261 lbs now, and I can finally see the end of the tunnel to feeling like a younger, agile person again. I'm 40, but the weight has really done a number on my knees. Just think how awesome you're going to feel a year from now. Sure, we may experience some discomfort and complications, but we're going to face them anyway if we don't do something about our weight. At least now we have a real chance to be successful. Liana
Rachelq
on 4/19/04 1:41 pm - Laguna Niguel, CA
RNY on 04/27/04 with
Hi Greg. Just wanted to send you good wishes. I'm the 27th too and I'm 38 too!!! I'm getting mighty nervous, but more in the 'lets get this overwith' kinda way. Best wishes to you! Rachel
leesamaree
on 4/19/04 5:44 pm - OK
Hi Greg! Well this must be the April 27th Club huh?? Well i would like to join..I am having Lap RNY at 8am on April 27th as well...I am also 38..At his point I am a little scared, but very anxious to just get on with my life. I figure this is just a stepping stone to get where I need to be and onto the losing side of life. (so to speak) Good luck to you and to all of us on the 27th... See ya on the losing side very soon..... Leesa
RJ V.
on 4/22/04 10:40 am - Sussex County, NJ
Hi Greg, My surgery is on 4/27 too. I am excited and nervous...geee just a basket full of emotions. I think all will go well for all of us. Just read about all these people who have such encouraging words for us. Who would know better then they do. They lived it RJ
Kristin W.
on 4/22/04 3:55 pm - Boise, ID
Greg, I am a 26yr old female who had the RNY lap 12-19-03 down 70lbs. I feel great best thing I could have done for myself. YOU CAN DO IT. I had one minor complication my gallbladder decided to act up had to have it removed 1 month after gb did fine with both you will too. This is the best thing you could do for yourself. I will keep you and all the others in my prays. Best of luck and God bless. Kristin
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 777 views