Surgery Date April28 and sooooo scared !!!!

Pam A.
on 4/18/04 2:34 pm - Wellston, OH
Hi everyone this is only the second time I have posted on here, but I am a nervous wreck!!! I am 5' 8" and weigh 270 pounds. Lots of people tell me I dont need the surgery I dont know if they think its a bad idea or that I am not fat!!! I know how miserable I feel this fat I just hope I am making the right decision!!!!!!! Please Help Pam Arthur
Ginny H.
on 4/18/04 6:55 pm - Amarillo, TX
My surgery date is the 27th and I am nervous too. I know that I am doing the right thing and I have confidence in my doctor. I have done a lot of thinking and it has been a very emotional time. I am now looking forward to the other side and I am not looking back. Good luck and you will be fine with your decision!
Dodie R.
on 4/18/04 11:49 pm - North Little Rock, AR
Hi Pam!! It does not matter what anyone else thinks. You are the only one who knows how you feel in your body. I am 5'7 and was 252 lbs. I have already lost 28.5 lbs since 4-05-04. My siblings and my Mom were totally against this surgery, so I got no support from them with my decision to go ahead and have it done. They have no idea how difficult it was to go into surgery with all of them being nay sayers. That's ok, my husband and children supported me with my decision and I am so very glad I had it done. Yes you will be sore and have some pain for several weeks, but I can tell you this..........I already feel better!! I can breathe better, I don't have to take meds for GERD. I'm already off all the meds I was taking for different co-morbidities. Don't let anyone else tell you what you need.........ONLY YOU KNOW WHAT YOU NEED!!! God bless you, Dodie
Debbie W.
on 4/19/04 1:21 am - Mars Hill, NC
Hi I am Debbie, Only you know whats right for you. I am 42 years old and in pain all the time, I am now 410 pounds, I can hardly walk< I have lost the sight in my right eye because of my weight. I wish I would have had this operation 13 years ago when I was 270 pounds I think I would not be going blind, and i would be able to make it through without all this pain. BTW my operation is Friday!
Pam A.
on 4/19/04 4:53 am - Wellston, OH
Hello Debbie I wish you luck Friday you will soon feel so much better Pam Arthur GOD BLESS YOU!!!!
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 777 views