30 Day Pre-Op Liquid Diet??? Anyone Else?

Tracy G.
on 4/17/04 3:38 pm - Bellevue, WA
Hey Guys, My surgeon put me on a liquid diet for 30 days prior to surgery. Did anyone else go through this? Any advice? I'm 18 days into it and have run out of things to puree'. LOL Tracy B.
SARAH W.
on 4/17/04 4:35 pm - ROCK SPRING, GA
Tracy, I only went on the liquid diet tonight at midnight, my surgery is Monday. I think I would ask if there is a problem. He should be happy to explain why he decided to do it. Good luck on the liquid diet and your surgery!
L D.
on 4/18/04 3:02 am - IN
Tracy! WOW! 30 days! Man, I don't understand that, but I too, would be asking why. I don't have to go on liquids until the day before surgery, but was thinking I'd start earlier just to feel "cleaned" out if you know what I mean. Keep the Faith! Elisha
Angela B.
on 4/19/04 8:51 am - Salt Lake City, UT
Hi Tracy: I have heard that some surgeons require the liquid diet to help reduce the the size of the liver. I did not do a liquid diet (except for the day before surgery) but I did manage to lose 5 pounds between my consult date and the surgery (18 days). My liver was still HUGE though and I had to have two extra incisions (I had a Lap RNY) to help keep it out of the way! I don't know if that is the reason your surgeon requires it but thought I'd give you a little FYI... As for the pureeing, I have had a hard time with that since surgery so I am probably not much help. I was so happy to move on to something I could chew! Angela
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 777 views