3 Days since surgery

Jerry B.
on 4/17/04 2:23 am - Huntsville, AL
It has been 3 days since my surgery. Tamra tells me that there were some complications. It seems that my stomach had grown to my liver and to my esophagus. Before the Dr.'s could start on the surgery, they had to seperate the stomach from both the liver and esophagus. Tamra stayed with me the entire time, which made the surgery not so bad. Day 1 and 2 quite a bit of pain. Today, Saturday, I feel much better. Do yourself a favor and listen to your spouse when they tell you to get up and walk. It helps the recovery move along much quicker. As of today, I have lost a total of 23lbs. WOW!! Tamra keeps me following the Doctor's orders to a tee. Which I am sure has kept the pain and complications away. Going to my girls softball game in an hour. Special thanks to all of you who said a special prayer prior to my surgery. A special kudos to the nursing staff at Crestwood Hospital. They will take extremely great care of you while you are there.
bky962
on 4/17/04 3:52 am - Visalia, CA
Congradulations on your big lost. WoW!!! That is truly great. 23lbs in just a few days. Yes listen to your wife I'm sure she won't lead you astray. Good luck. Rebecca
cotesbabe
on 4/17/04 6:37 am - Agawam, MA
Jerry, CONGRADULATIONS!!! -23 LBS! thats got to make you feel great! And just think this is just the beginning of the melting process! I'm so gald you are home and able to go to your girls softball game. I'm also very happy they were able to make things good with your complications... God Bless and keep us updated on your progress and listen to the wife..(we do know what we are talking about! lol) Take Care and best of luck to you on your journey to a happy healthier you! Stephanie 4/12/04 -6lbs
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 777 views