April 30th ~ Anyone Else??

Tracy G.
on 4/16/04 12:36 pm - Bellevue, WA
Hey All, Is anyone else out there having surgery on 4/30? My insurance company is taking their sweet time, but they have assured me I will be approved in time. Anyway, write back and let me know what you are doing to get prepared. Thanks! Tracy B. ~ OH HTML Volunteer
P A R.
on 4/16/04 12:57 pm - Boston, MA
Hiya Tracy!! I am having Lap RNY on April 30th!! We're WLS twins!! WOOHOO!! Good luck!!
omawxgirl
on 4/16/04 3:50 pm - Omaha, NE
I am on April 30th also. Two weeks from tonight and we will be on the losing side. Do either one of you have any pro-op instructions yet? Hillari
Tracy G.
on 4/17/04 4:16 am - Bellevue, WA
Yes, unfortunately, I have a ton. I have been on an all-liquid diet since April 1st and have to lose another 10lbs!!! It's weird because I'm not that big to begin with. Oh well, I guess I just picked a very strict doctor. Do you guys have to do any pre-op diets or anything?
omawxgirl
on 4/17/04 3:28 pm - Omaha, NE
So far I am still eating like normal. I go this next Thursday for my pro-op stuff and expect to recieve additional instructions. Unless he has me do something different I am going to eat out with my girlfriends on the 26th and then lighten up consideribly leading up to the day before surgery. Hopefully if there is a bowel prep it won't be so bad. What is your doctors reasoning for having you do a liquid diet 30 days prior to surgery? Girl, I call that extreme prepareation...LOL! Hillari
Tracy G.
on 4/17/04 3:36 pm - Bellevue, WA
LOL, last I heard the only reasoning is because he wanted to try something new. I am so mad about it I don't even mind anymore. LOL I'm kinda used to the whole liquid thing. How did your insurance approval go? My genious surgeons office decided to take a month to dictate my letter and send it off to my insurance company. They didn't send it off until April 2nd!!! I will be shocked if they don't postpone my surgery because they slacked off. I'm not bitter or anything....honest. I think it's the liquid diet talking. LOL
omawxgirl
on 4/17/04 4:38 pm - Omaha, NE
Wow, April 2nd? Gosh, I got approved fairly quickly at the end of October and I have had my surgery date for 6 months! I about died when she called and told me April 30th and that was within the first 3 days after approval. My dr is very popular and there is quite the log jam to get a consult and get to surgery. Hillari
P A R.
on 4/18/04 1:42 pm - Boston, MA
I have no pre-op instructions. My surgeon said it would be beneficial to me and to him if I dropped 10 lbs but it was not required. I go in for a pre-op consult on the 26th. WOOHOO we are on our way girls!! I am glad to see you also have April 30th dates!! I will be sending you good thoughts!!
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 777 views