had my surgery.

Rhonda W.
on 4/16/04 2:13 am - Fort Worth, TX
My surgery was on April 5th. I had it done at Bariatric Treatment Center in Wylie, TX. Dr. Thrift and his staff was great. My family said that he explained everything to them after my surgery was done as to how things went Mom said that he even drew pictures to help explain things better she said that doctors dont get into things like that and that she thought he was a great doctor. I was in the hospital for 4 days total. The staff took very good care of me. They were very attentive to my needs. Most of the staff had had the surgery years ago so they knew exactly what I was feeling and going through. My favorite nurse was Jill she was fantastic, she made sure I felt no pain even when up walking around she would give me an extra shot of pain killer so that I was pain free. When i was being released from the hospital every one came in to let me know exactly what I should do once I was at home and told me if I had any problems to call them. Once I was at home the staff calls me every so often to see how I am doing and make sure all is well. I have my first visit with Dr. Thrift on April 22nd and I cannot wait to see how I have done. I will come back then and let you know how much I have lost for my first 2 weeks.
Happy Girl
on 4/16/04 4:51 am - New Braunfels, TX
Congratulations! I'm happy to hear you had an uneventful surgery. Good luck and keep us posted.
Rhonda W.
on 4/17/04 7:40 am - Fort Worth, TX
thank you for your wonderful words of encouragement. It will help me to be strong in the months to come.
glasscity mom
on 4/16/04 8:00 am - Waterville, OH
Great to hear the surgery was a success. Keep up the positive attitude. I know it really helps with the healing. Best of luck in your new life.
ronda A.
on 4/17/04 12:51 am - oakhurst, TX
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! I AM SO EXCITED AND HAPPY FOR YOU!!! I WISH YOU CONTIUED SUCCESS THROUGHOUT YOUR JOURNEY KEEP US POSTED!!! RONDA
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 777 views