H E L P !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kare B.
on 4/15/04 12:50 pm - Baltimore, MD
I'm not doing good. My stomach is repairing fine but, I can't eat, or drink without pain. I'm really scared. I'm starting to think "What did I do"? The papers said to eat some crackers if you get hungry. We went out today and I started to feel a little hungry so I "SLOWLEY NIBBLED" on 2 crackers. When I got in the car I took a sip of water and I got the worst pain in my chest! My husband had to pullover and unhook my bra because I felt like I couldn't breathe. It was horrible. When I got home I had to lay down, I was whipped. When I got up I tried to eat some pureed lentil soup and it got caught in my throat. I had to go back and lay down. It took hours before the feeling went away. When I got up my husband said you better stick to the liquid protein only. Well, he fixed me some of that and that wouldn't go down! Then I threw up! I had to lay back down. I don't know what to do!! Can anyone give me some encouragement or advice on what helped them?Thanks for listening. Maybe I'll have something better to report soon. Hugs, Karen
Josie C.
on 4/15/04 2:31 pm - High Desert, CA
Karen, I am still pre-op, but a few have posted similar problems on the Main Message Board and these are two of the most listed reasons: 1) You are moving your food too fast, you need to go back to clear liquids and slowly add items. (My doctor is requiring I stay on clear liquids for two weeks and then full liquids for another 2). 2) Call your doctor, you may have another kind of problem. I sorry can't be more help.
Linda W.
on 4/15/04 3:23 pm - Jacksonville, FL
Karen, I have something similiar to your problem I posted on the main board a few seconds ago. Maybe I get some response we can both use. Good luck!!
Kim T.
on 4/15/04 3:49 pm - Dracut, MA
They don't have you on some sort of liquid or pureed food only?? my doctor wont let me near a cracker or anything solid at all... most i can have is mashed potatoes and even they are watered down... i'd vote to just call your doctor. You may be doing too much too soon. also did they put you on zantac? all the docs do things so differently before and after surgery you're best to just contact them and discuss whats going on. Hope you feel better soon!!!!!!!!!!! ~Kim
BROOK C.
on 4/15/04 11:27 pm - PONCHATOULA, LA
hi karen!! congrats on your surgery!! i had the lap-rny two days before you did. i want to recommend something first. whenever you are having any kind of problems, you should always-always call you doctor. that is where you will get the neccessary medical attention that you need best. as far as my advice to you. you should be on a strick liquid diet until your doctor tells you that you are ready to move to the next stage. the stages are: first two weeks-clear liquids, second week-full liquids, then within a few days (give or take and consulting your dr) you will GRADUALLY move to softer condensity foods. you will eventually work yourself up eating "kind of normal." for me personally, i know that i will never eat normal agian. normal for me is the way i use to eat and i never want to go back there. it sounds like you are experiencing dumping. i ate a couple of crackers at day 4 with no problem. when i told my nurse prac. she almost came threw the phone as if i was killing myself. she told me that i am still swollen from surgery (which may explain why you are having some trouble), crackers tend to swell once eaten, and they could cut you internally if you are not carefully. i too and having a hard time with the whole protein drink thing. i hate all of it. i can't find one that like, but we have to do it. we knew that this was not going to be easy and in the end it will all be worth it. good luck and god bless, brook carcamo
cotesbabe
on 4/16/04 1:56 am - Agawam, MA
I'm so sorry you are going through this.......I had surgery mon 4/12 and came home 4/13 and had alot of pain in my chest and stomach......and it hurt to drink .......but i never got sick just very uncomfortable pains....i called the dr and they said it was gas pains........just walk walk walk and take sips till i can get the gas out.............this may not be what you have ....but this was my experience....i would call your dr. just to be sure God Bless and hope you feel better soon Stephanie
Jillybean
on 4/17/04 7:25 am - Fayetteville/Fort Bragg, NC
My doctor won't let me near anything that isn't liquid-- I can strictly have my protein shakes, water, chrystal light, sugar free jello or sugar free popsicles. Thats it. He would strangle me if I tried to eat a cracker. All that aside, I have not experienced what you have, but please please CALL YOUR DOCTOR!!!! Let him know what is going on, and I hope you find some relief soon!
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 777 views