I have a surgery date!

Cheryl L.
on 4/15/04 7:11 am - Charlotte, NC
I am so happy that I have got a date! It is April 30th. I have so many questions about everything! What do I take to the hospital? Will it be as painful as some say, I'm scared to death.
(deactivated member)
on 4/15/04 7:21 am - East Meadow, NY
RNY on 04/05/04 with
Hi Cheryl. Congrats. I had my surgery 11 days ago and was also very nervous about the pain and complications. It was SO MUCH BETTER than I expected. But of course they gave me morphine. I was so afraid of the pain post op but it was totally manageable. Even the walkings (every two hours they woke us up to walk). Hang in there. everyday it gets a little better. 2 days post op i took a shower all by myself and didnt even use the chair... I bought a plastic chair so i could use it in the shower at home, never used it.... All I used at the hospital was my hand lotion and my chap stick. everything else they supplied me with (and my Cpap machine of course). Slippers if you want but they game me little fotsies. Hang in there...
Cheryl L.
on 4/16/04 3:09 am - Charlotte, NC
HI MICHELE. THANK YOU FOR RESPONDING TO MY POST. I HAVEN'T HAD MANY PEOPLE TO TALK TO. THANKS FOR THE INFORMATION. I STARTED FASTING TODAY AND I'M SO HUNGRY! I HAVE BEEN DRINKING MY SHAKES AND LOTS OF WATER AND I HAD A SUGAR FREE JELLO. ANY SUGGESTIONS? DOES IT THE HUNGER GO AWAY OVER TIME? MAYBE IT'S ALL IN MY MIND. THANKS AGAIN.
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 777 views