STRAWS???

bky962
on 4/15/04 1:11 am - Visalia, CA
I HAVE ALWAYS DRANK THROUGH A STRW AND I WAS WONDERING DOES ANYONE KNOW IF WE CAN EVER SUCK ON ASTRAW AGAIN. I KNOW THIS SOUNDS SILLY BUT IT IS VERY IMPORTANT TO ME THANK YOU REBECCA
Rae Smiles
on 4/15/04 2:05 am - Mount Airy, MD
Hi Rebecca, I was told at least 6 months and to take it slow when you start back. Congrats on a successful surgery, and good luck on a quick recovery. RAE
Kelly W.
on 4/15/04 6:43 am - Lafayette, LA
I was told not to use a straw ever again if possible because it causes you to ingest excess air into your pouch. Kelly
Anna Kris B.
on 4/15/04 6:50 am - Fort Collins, CO
Hi Rebecca, Docs and nurses all told me the same thing. I think you should wait until you're well healed and see how it goes. Sometimes folks have trouble with tooth sensitivity and really need to drink through a straw. The trick is to make sure you don't swallow a lot of air because it hurts. If you're great at burping (I'm becoming a real pro ) you should be able to manage it with time and practice. Just know the downside of the pain of the air you may swallow. It has to either come back up or go down! Best to you! ~Anna
Kim T.
on 4/15/04 4:00 pm - Dracut, MA
that's really weird... I've never heard of the straw issue.. I'm 8 days post op and i've drank out of a straw a few times from my lil juice boxes.. lol no one ever said i shouldnt, but i dont have any trouble. I guess listen to what ever your doctor says lol but for the record, i have had no problem with it... ~Kim
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 777 views