No Surgery Today

Donna H.
on 4/15/04 12:11 am - Cleveland, OH
This is the day that I was supposed to have my surgery. That date has been rescheduled to May 11 due to another previously unknown medical condition. I have a blockage in my right coronary artery. I could take a negative position here and ask why have I received 7 new medical diagnoses since I started this process. However, I now know that had I not started this bariatric surgery process, that I really would die from my co-morbidities. I am so thankful to God that this condition has come to light!!! It seems that I've already had an ischemic event, but that the damage that was done is reversible. Isn't that just great news!! This was caught early enough that the damage doesn't have to get worse and we're now on guard for future events and might be able to completely avoid them altogether. What's amazing is that my June, 2003 EKG was normal, but the pre-admission one from March 31, 2004 was abnormal. So, instead of having surgery today, which would probably have kicked off a heart attack, I'll be having a cardiac cath on Monday. There is a good possibility that I'll either have an angioplasty or a stent. If it's just an agioplalsty, I can still have my surgery on May 11. If not, I won't have it for another three months because I'll be put on Plavix for that period of time. I am also thankful to all of the people on this board who emailed me good wishes for today's surgery.
millie2361
on 4/15/04 4:10 am - Bridgeport, CT
Do not worry Donna God is with you and he will help you on this journey and I'm sure that you will have the operation on May 11 and you will be fine. God Bless!!!! Millie Martinez
Donna H.
on 4/17/04 7:35 am - Cleveland, OH
Thank you so much for the good wishes!
Anna Kris B.
on 4/15/04 6:55 am - Fort Collins, CO
You're so right about finding all the co-morbidities! Now you know you'll be in the best shape possible when you have the WLS surgery. When you look at it that way, this surgery has saved your life already! Think positively a visualize yourself and the way you want your recovery to be. You sound like a positive soul already! Many blessings! ~Anna
Donna H.
on 4/17/04 7:37 am - Cleveland, OH
You know, there are a few times that I felt overwhelmed about all the new co-morbidities. However, that only lasts a few minutes and then I think about how blessed I am to find them pre-surgery. You are so correct, the surgery has already saved my life! Thank you for your thoughts.
Linda M.
on 4/15/04 10:00 am - Mililani, HI
Things happen for a reason so look at this as a blessing from above. The delay was a true blessing "God is Good" Hang in there my prayers are with you. My surgery will be on 4/26 keep me in your prayers as well...aloha Huggs, Linda
Donna H.
on 4/17/04 7:29 am - Cleveland, OH
Linda, Thanks so much for your encouraging words. I'll keep you in my prayers for your April 26 surgery.
Linda W.
on 4/15/04 3:29 pm - Jacksonville, FL
Donna, that's just the Lord looking out for you. He works in mysterious ways and though it may not seem that way right now, them finding the heart problem was a blessing. Take care and be strong. My prayers are with you.
Donna H.
on 4/17/04 7:34 am - Cleveland, OH
God is truly wonderful and I am so glad that I know him. The cardiologist said that if this hadn't been uncovered prior to surgery that I would have had a heart attack on the operating table. God certainly takes care of his own, doesn't he? And to think, I found out about this two days prior to surgery! What timing!
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 777 views