Pre-Op done- Surgery in Two Days

petel
on 4/13/04 10:08 am - San Diego, CA
Hi All, I had my pre-op today. I met with the Dietitian, the head nurse, my Surgeon, and then went over to meet with anastisiology. (this is what happens when I don't have spell check) I realized today, two days before surgery that this is a life long decision and almost ran for the hills. I would like to hear one more time from any of you who are a year or more out that you feel healthy and happy and are glad you had the surgery. I saw a few people in the Dr's office today who had had their surgery a year or more ago and they looked pretty worn out. I must say, it scared me alittle. Good luck and God speed to all. Pete
Wendy W.
on 4/13/04 11:12 am - West Sacramento, CA
Pete, I understand how you are feeling, I was so excited to have a surgery date, and now that it is next week, I am so nervous and wondering if I am doing the right thing. I know I am when I think of friends at work, support group, etc. that have lost alot of wait and despite complications some may have had - they said they would do it again in a heartbeat. So that is reassuring. I have never met anyone that has regretted it. Good luck and god bless for a peaceful mind and a successful surgery. Blessings, Wendy
Kim T.
on 4/13/04 12:51 pm - Dracut, MA
i think we all have felt that way at some point.. but you know right now is when you have to look ahead, to times when you will feel HEALTHY and BE HEALTHY, when your weight won't be "weighing" you down from doing things you want to do, whatever they might be. I completely believe in writing thoughts out, you might want to try writing a list of things you want to do when you lose weight that you either can't do now or can't do well now, because of your weight. I thought alot before surgery (had surgery on 4/7/04) and came close to running but then thought about it, i don't want to hide behind my weight anymore.... that was my big realization... so a week later i'm down about 14 lbs.. think of that too! ~Kim
Betty E.
on 4/13/04 1:11 pm - MD
One day at a time Pete....I know just how you feel, my RNY is on 4/15 as well...having a little trouble sleeping these days and the butterflies are going crazy in my stomach..I too have spoken with a few people who have had this procedure and have not met one who would not do it again if they had to..no regrets...just keep the faith and we will be fine...best of luck to you..you'll be in my prayers..take care Betty
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 777 views