what about your monthly?

MrsTia
on 4/13/04 12:22 am - BALTIMORE, MD
ladies have anyone had surgery during their monthly period? i have surgery in less than 24 hours and i just got my period. will they cancell it? i am going
Rae Smiles
on 4/13/04 2:37 am - Mount Airy, MD
No, they will not cancel...in fact, when I went for my pre-ops at BTC, they basically said they expect it....apparently even women not due will have it.... BTC folks assured me that it is no big deal. RAE
Lisa B.
on 4/13/04 3:11 am - Marquette, MI
No they didnt cancel mine I got my period the morning of surgery - I just felt bad for the person who had to empty my urine basin everytime. Lisa
Angela B.
on 4/13/04 5:39 am - Salt Lake City, UT
I thought I was going to get mine the morning of surgery so I asked the nurse at the hospital about it. They told me it was no problem and to wear a pad to surgery instead of a tampon. Also, my Dr doesn't require a catheter so no one even went near that area. Ha Ha! I think my nervousness through it off a little, though, because TOM didn't really kick-in until I was 3 days post-op. Angela
Luann S.
on 4/14/04 2:26 am - Green Bay, WI
Surgery was 4/6/04 and my period started on 4/8/04, Oh great, I thought. But the nursing staff said it wasn't a big deal. Most people will start on around the surgery. Good thing for the PCA and morphine, took care of my pain.
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 777 views