One week post-op & feeling GREAT!

Angela B.
on 4/12/04 11:56 am - Salt Lake City, UT
I am one week post-op and feeling really good. I went to Sam's Club today and walked the whole store. My only discomfort is due to lingering gas and some back pain from all the trouble they had keeping my liver out of the way. Some of the foods I have tried beyond the jello & broth stand-bys are SF pudding, cottage cheese, cream soups, super thin deli turkey and about a 1/2 teaspoon of crumbled bacon from my husband's spinach and chicken salad from Wendy's. That was sooo good I chewed a few bits at a time and the flavor was wonderful. So was the chewing, I have been so sick of swishing and swallowing! LOL. The only thing that has given me problems is melted cheese. I had eaten regular cheese with no trouble but I ate a tiny bit from my husband's omelet and I felt sick for about 4 hours. I think it clumped up a little and couldn't get through! I am adding flavorless protein powder to everything I eat in hopes of boosting my intake. I also love the Carb Countdown chocolate milk with Splenda but I am hesitant to recommend it because it is TOO good. The BEST thing so far though was my weigh-in today... down 17 lbs in one week!! This brought tears to my eyes. I would love to hear how everybody else is doing and get some more ideas and feedback. Angela
Rachelq
on 4/12/04 3:22 pm - Laguna Niguel, CA
RNY on 04/27/04 with
Angela, That is terrific news. congratulations on your weightloss. Thank you so much for keeping us posted on your progress too! Take Care, Rachel
Susan F.
on 4/12/04 10:18 pm - Jacksonville, FL
Yay you!!! that is so GREAT! Such an exciting time huh?!? And with such great weight loss so far! I go to the PCP doc tomorrow to see if I can get off my diabetes medicine so I get to see how much I weigh. I am also one week post op. I am silly but afraid I haven't lost anything which I know CANNOT be true hehe. I have to be on clear liquids until Thursday when I hope my surgeon will allow me to go to pureed foods. I am following strictly what he says to get the best results. I can't wait to have some texture!! hehe Keep us updated on your progress. Take care and God bless! -Susan
DianneW
on 4/12/04 10:53 pm - Louisville, KY
That is great. I'm having surgery the 15th. I'm getting really worried I'll only loose 2 pounds the first week or something weird. I want to loose a lot! Fast! I think I just am looking for things to worry about. Congratulations. Can't wait to join you on the losing side. Dianne
Lisa B.
on 4/13/04 3:16 am - Marquette, MI
Sounds like your doing as well as me. I have lost ten from preop weight but actually 20 from my day after surgery weight. I'm sticking to my menu plan that was given to me for 10 weeks. I did cheat and had some pureed shrimp at my sister though. Keep uip the good work. Lisa
Happy Girl
on 4/13/04 6:00 am - New Braunfels, TX
Hi Angela! I love to hear great news like this!!! I have my exactly one week from today. I also wrote down your recommendations, carb countdown chocolate milk and the flavorless protein powder. I think that is a great idea and I am going to do the same with the protein. congratulations and I look forward to hearing more about your progress. Priscilla
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 777 views