SHAKES!!!!!!!!!!!

Bunny T.
on 4/12/04 7:06 am - Modesto, CA
Hi..........I would like to know some shakes to start drinking that doesn't taste like Chalk!! My surgery is April 15.. Can anyone say......FREAKED OUT!!!! yeah I'm nervous, scared, happy and everything else all wound up in one. I'm now looking for shakes!!! Any ideas out there????? thanks soooooooo much I just joined today..........thanks for all the welcomes too ;o))) xooxox bunny
DianneW
on 4/12/04 7:17 am - Louisville, KY
I'm the 15th too. I don't get protien shakes for a week after the surgery. I did get some high protien broth. I'm very anxious, nervous, excited as well. Dianne
Debbie W.
on 4/12/04 7:56 am - Mars Hill, NC
I am close to my date as well the 23rd. I am taking "on 100%way Protein" I mixin a blender with 3oz skim milk and 4or5 strawberries and 1/2 bananna with 3 ice cubes. not to bad, but a jug of 80 servings cost almost $40.00. praying for a sppeedy recovery for you. Debbie
Mary W.
on 4/12/04 8:08 am - Sacramento, CA
My surgery's tomorrow and I will be on a protein based liquid diet for 15 days post-op. My doctor's office recommended that I select a protein shake before the surgery. Here's what I have: Whey Plex by Bioplex - 105 cal / 22g protein / 2g carbs per serving EAS-AdvantEdge (ready to drink) - 100 cal / 15g protein / 1g carb Isopure (various flavors)- 160 cal /40g protein /0 carb I hope this helps.
Bunny T.
on 4/12/04 8:19 am - Modesto, CA
Which one tastes the best???? and YES it helps..........thanks soooooooooo much bunny
Reese B.
on 4/13/04 1:47 am - Parsippany, NJ
Donna everyones tastes are different but i must say by far the isopure no carb fruit flavors have been my favorite, I also like Whey protein chocolate with davinci sugarfree hazelnut syrup added... lol stay calm reese
Kim T.
on 4/13/04 10:30 am - Dracut, MA
first good luck with your surgery!!! I had surgery on April 7th, was home April 9th and been doing great!! although, i had VERY high hopes on protein shakes before surgery, my new pouch tho... has a VERY VERY different idea LOL i havent gotten sick at all, but the protein shakes that i got from health stores and such just arent sitting right and dont taste like they did before. What i've been doing is buying Carnation Instant Breakfast (7gms of protein) adding the "simply smart" skim milk (about 3 or 4 gms of protein) and then also adding a lil dry evaporated milk which has some protein as well... it REALLY tastes ALOT better than the protein shakes and sits ok with me, although 1 cup takes me like 3 hours to finish (LOL i can't help but laugh at the thought of that). hopefully you'll have better luck than me with the shakes!! ~Kim
Kim T.
on 4/13/04 10:38 am - Dracut, MA
oooohhhh I almost forgot... Carnation instant breakfast SUGAR FREE... sheesh that could have caused MAJOR problems,, so sorry!!!
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 777 views