CAN ANYONE RELATE TO THIS?

Ms. Tee B.
on 4/12/04 5:29 am - Tampa, FL
Ever since I was approved which was 3-15-04 and received my surgery date 4-27-04. I have been craving for all kinds of junk food. I really hate to gain before pre-op, but I have gained 7lbs. And to top it off I eat it because I know I will not be able to have it again after ( 4-27-04 ) But the funny thing is I think about having this surgery all the time. Its continously on my mind but at the same time I think a snicker would be nice to go along with those good thoughts. ( lol ) I know I sound silly but it's the truth, any ideas of how to drop at least 10 lbs before surgery. I just wanted to share these feelings. Thanks, Tonya
DianneW
on 4/12/04 5:47 am - Louisville, KY
Yes, I can totally relate and people said my doctor would yell at me which he didn't. On top of my own compulsivity I was put on an antidepressant which made me crave carbs. I gained 24 pounds between by first dr. visit and the time I stopped the meds. Then dropped 4 before my pre-op visit the doctor didn't even mention it. Don't worry about it unless your doctor specifically told you too. Dianne
bky962
on 4/12/04 5:52 am - Visalia, CA
IT'S NOT BAD FOR YOU, I THINK TO HAVE FOODS THAT YOU LOVE, BECAUSE YOU WILL BE ABLE TO HAVE THEM AFTER THE SURGERY JUST NOT RIGHT AWAY. I LOVE CHILE VERDE AND REFRIED BEANS AND SPAGHETTI AND STEAK AND HAMBURGERS AND ALL THE GOOD JUNK FOOD THAT I CAN EVER THINK OF. AND I ATE IT JUST BEFORE MY SURGRERY. i JUST WOULD HAVE 1 HAMBURGER INSTEAD OF 2. AND 1CHLE VERDE BURRITO WITH BEANS INSTEAD OF 2 AND SO FORTH. I HAD MY SURGERY ON THE 5TH OF APRIL AND RIGHT NOW I'M STILL ON CLEAR LIQUIDS. BUT THEY DID TELL ME I WILL BE ABLE TO EAT WHAT I LIKED LATER DOWN THE LINE JUST NOT AS MUCH. CAN YOU IMAGINE EATING 1/2 A HAMBURGER AND FEEL SATISFIED;) I CAN HARDLY WAIT. AND PRACTICE CHEWING YOUR FOOD. GOOD LUCK REBECCA
RebeccaB
on 4/12/04 9:23 am - San Antonio, TX
my surgery is on the 26th lol I have been aproved and waiting patiently for a surgical date ever since December till a week and a half ago. I am so glad somebody came out said what I been thinking but am to insecure to admit, lol, I too have gained weight thinking I wont get my good foods back. I have gained 9 pounds as of this morning and am starting a liquid diet TODAY heehee.
Rae Smiles
on 4/12/04 10:18 am - Mount Airy, MD
My surgery is April 19th, next Monday. I too gained weight after my initial consult. My cravings have slowed down a bit and now I find I have a much smaller appetite....weird...hopefully, I will loose a few pounds as I get closer to my initial consult weight. RAE
Ms. Tee B.
on 4/12/04 10:04 pm - Tampa, FL
Thanks alot guys for your input, I'm gald i'm not the only one feeling bad. Maybe I'l try the liquid diet too the week before surgery.
Dawn C.
on 4/13/04 2:01 am - Pittsburgh, PA
Tonya, I have have my surgery scheduled for April 29th and am going through the same thing. I feel like I have to say good-bye to all of my favorites. I am trying very hard to do this in moderation as my doctor does not allow you to gain any weight between your consult and pre-op appt. Hang in there and good luck!
Rachelq
on 4/13/04 6:29 am - Laguna Niguel, CA
RNY on 04/27/04 with
Hi Tonya...Count me in! Yikes...I'm eating like food is going out of style. And yes, its the perfect companion to my current surgery obession. I kept saying that for sure this would be the week I start eating better (I want my liver to be in the best shape it can be...but I ended up eating a chocolate bunny with a scoop of peanut butter for breakfast! Oh the other clincher is I'm drinking every weekend!!! Like when I was in my 20's. Cheers till the 27th! Rachel
Kim T.
on 4/13/04 10:57 am - Dracut, MA
I'm about a week post op and i could totally relate and giggled reading your post!!! how funny, i did the same thing, i think i had a lil taste of EVERYTHING i liked in the month before surgery and i say go for it.. the ONE thing i WOULDNT do is eat like fried foods or high fatty foods about a week before surgery... that's what makes your liver enlarged and surgery trickier. well that's my advice, but enjoy a piece of lasagna for me, it'll be awhile before i can have that again LOL ~Kim
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 777 views