1 week post-op, -21 lbs

Dodie R.
on 4/11/04 11:00 pm - North Little Rock, AR
Hi everyone!! I thank God for this tool to a healthy lifestyle. I never thought I would be saying I have lost 21.5 lbs in only 7 days!!!! For all of you getting ready to go thru this surgery, remember this.......it is major surgery. I have done well because I have stuck to the diet my doctor gave me. I still have some pain at times and have found that the anti-inflamatory they prescribed works well for it. Make sure you drink water slowly and don't rush pushing to the soft diet until your body feels it can take it. You will know right away if you have eaten something that is not going to sit well with you. From all the people I have talked with, there are no set rules as to what one person's system can handle and the others can not. I have found the carb-solutions chocolate mix, mixed with 8 oz of skim milk and blended with ice to give it a consistancy you can eat with a spoon works great for me. Also, some instant mashed potatoes, made with skim milk and water with non fat cheese and sugar free applesauce was a great first soft food meal. I am still amazed that I am actually full with eating so little right now. God bless you all!! Dodie
Mirjana O.
on 4/11/04 11:36 pm - Morton Grove, IL
Major Surgery? Ha! We Laugh at danger. The courage is best described by having to live with this disease for so long. Making the decision to change your life, that we all have been so accustomed to. And of course doing whatever it takes to LIVE. I am so Proud of you.
irisheyes
on 4/12/04 2:02 am - Harmony, MN
YEA for you!!! 21 lbs that's great! thank you for the tips they will come in handy! we are all so proud of you! Katie
Bernadette A.
on 4/12/04 4:10 am - Savage, MN
Whoa!!! Dodie - that's wonderful and encouraging. I'm 7 days away from my new life, however, I'll be on strictly liquids for 3 weeks. But those are good tips for my 4th week. I'm so happy for you. Bernadette
Trish S.
on 4/12/04 11:36 am - WV
Me too, I am 1 week out, go to the surgeon for my first check up. Still on liquids, and protein drinks, having difficulty with those choc, van creamy ones, don't seem to set well with me. I seem to prefer the juicy ones and even some bullion with extra protein added. Drank one of those canned ones with 35 grams of protien and had a stomach ache all day. don't know if it was too much protien all at once or what. Oh well I guess its trial and error. I am anxious to try the soft foods but not pushing it still kinda sore and tender. Trish 4/05/04 300/ ? will get the magic number tommorrow
ronda A.
on 4/13/04 9:37 pm - oakhurst, TX
WOW!!! WAY TO GO!!!! CONGRATS!!!! I WISH YOU CONTINUED SUCCESS. MY DATE IS THE 20TH ,WISH ME LUCK
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 777 views