post op - constipation? Help!

Leslie M.
on 4/11/04 11:34 am - Jacksonville, FL
RNY on 04/05/04 with
Is there anyone who has experienced this and is there any safe suggestions that I can do to remedy the matter? I need your help... Please!!
Lois N.
on 4/11/04 10:18 pm - Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Hi Leslie, Have you tried colace or senokot stool softner? No laxatives whatever you do. I just started the B12 pills so I am just starting to feel constipated and will need to use some before end of day I am sure. Good luck! Lois
Larakatya
on 4/11/04 11:13 pm - Twin Cities, MN
Leslie, Don't force the issue with your body. It took me SEVERAL days post-op to "deliver the goods." If you are feeling pain or pressure (and you are sure that it's not residual gas from the Lap) consult with your surgeon about what they recommend you to do. It was very disconcerting to me that it would take so long for food to process, as I have never been constipated in my life. I was so happy when I did finally go it was treated as a party around my house To me it was proof that my surgery was a smashing success. One of the side effects of surgery that no one seems to talk about is the fact that you release wastes that way MUCH less often (if you are behaving yourself and not eating foods that cause you to dump) and when you do it is MUCH smaller than before. Call your surgeon and keep us posted, ~Lara Lap RNY 4/1/04 40000/337/goal of 260
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 777 views