Finally Post Op

Netkat
on 4/11/04 8:11 am - Tyngsboro, MA
Hi, I am finally post-op, and got home yesterday. I'm kind of depressed. My stomach hurts all the time, and I can't figure out whether it's the meds, the fluids or the shakes. It's only been 4 days so I guess I need to give myself a break. I just needed to write. On the other hand, the hospital said I did really well with walking, breathing, etc. after I was out of Intensive Care. And I got out of the hospital a day early. I have had no drainage, or other scary things to look out for. I did walk today for about 15 minutes outside. I have not been able to have a bowel movement yet. They have me on Colace for that but I think once I do I won't be so worried. Kathy
Rae Smiles
on 4/11/04 9:37 am - Mount Airy, MD
Kathy, although you write that you don't feel great, sounds like your surgery went well. I can't tell you how much I appreciate your note...I am 8 days away from surgery and your note makes me realize that even when surgery goes great, sometimes there are a few things that need straightening out....like bowel habits. So, while I have no knowledge of how to help you...you helped me simply by posting very honest information. thanks RAE
jennyt
on 4/11/04 11:24 am - Athens, AL
I had surgery April 1st and that first week I felt so drained. Part of it was the anesthesia working itself out of my body. Another part was my body adjusting to the changes made to it, and recovering from the trauma of major surgery. Hang in there Kathy!
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 777 views