April 13th-ers!

christina G.
on 4/10/04 12:42 pm - clayton, NC
Hi everyone. I am new to this site , My date is the 14th of April, very excited and a bit nervous . It wont be real till I walk through the hospital doors on wednesday. I am waiting till monday to tell my children ages 4 and 7 that mommy is going into the hospital to have her tummy checked. The only down fault of this whole process is I got fired from my job. And was given no just cause. I told them about my surgery, and 2 weeks later . well, I found myself down at the unemployment office and going on job interviews. How do you go on job interviews when you know in a week you will be having surgery? I cant wait till its over with and I can get on with my life.......Thanks for letting me vent....wish ya all luck## christina
astrutt920
on 4/10/04 1:25 pm - Tacoma, WA
I'm on the 13th as well. For the past few weeks I've been cleaning - one room as a time - so that it's all together when I get home. Now, getting the Teenager and Pre-teen to clean their rooms - that's a different story! As for the liquid diet: my doc started me on that 10 days before surgery. Still having a hard time adjusting, but it's good that he started me on it early so I will be used to it after surgery. House is stocked with everything I need for the first few weeks, and the grocery store is just 3 blocks away - would be a nice post-op walk to go get something (after a week) if I needed it. My relatives are supportive, my mom is nervous about it, brothers didn't really say much when I told them, Hubby is wonderful, and the DDs are terrific. It's amazing how when you tell them that everyone has to help out and let them PICK THEIR CHORES that they actually come up with them. Again, the proof will be when they actually do it. Teenager is doing well, pre-teen needs some encouragement (like me throwing all the stuff on the floor of her room away and her not having any say in what stays or goes!) Help after surgery - what's that? All my relatives, except for the DH and DDs, live in Missouri. No one is able to come out. Have a friend who is trying to come over to stay for a couple of days after I get out, but haven't confirmed that yet. Have 2 other friends who have gone thru this in the last 15 months, they have been great about answering questions, etc. Never thought I'd say that I can't wait to be a loser, but I WANT TO BE A LOSER! Chat with you all on the "other side"! Angie
Karen W.
on 4/11/04 1:54 am - Glendale, AZ
Hello to my fellow surgery day buddies! The time is drawing near and I am so excited!! I had my pre-op appointment on Thursday and that went very well! I have lost 10 pounds and I felt wonderful about that!! My surgeon was so happy for me. I decidedf that I wanted to have the OPEN RNY instead of LAP. Now, I will check in at 12:15am Tuesday morning...and my surgery will start at 12:30pm. I will be on clear liquids for 5 days, then to thicker liquids the next 5 days, then on to soft foods for a few weeks. I think I will do good because I WANT to do good! Good luck to all of us and God bless you all! See you on the other side, Karen
donnaupnorth
on 4/11/04 2:19 am - Northwoods, WI
Hi! I'm at 13ther too! I'm actually not feeling the nerves. I went through that two weeks ago. I'm sure when we're on the way to the hospital; I'll be feeling all the emotions. I've been on a liquid diet for two weeks. It really hasn't been all bad. It's been quite an experience trying to figure out how to get the protein in; which has been a good lesson before the real deal. I haven't packed yet for the hospital stay. Been trying to get the house in order first. I'm anal that way! I'm hoping to be in the hospital for two days max. I'm having lap rny. Good luck to everyone and see you on the other side! Donna
MARTI J.
on 4/11/04 3:39 am - DENVER, Co
I am also a 13th-er! I am not scared....yet! I have been buring myself at work and home so I don't have time to think or worry. I have always used that as my "escape". It works, but is exhausting!!! I am so looking forward to this, but the unknown is what bothers me. Just hope that I do everything that I am supposed to do!! Everyone says things will just happen (like eating slow, chew, chew, chew, knowing when to stop, etc...) I haven't packed either!! I was going to take the day off work tomorrow to do that, but changed my mind at the last minute. I might have too much free time on my hands to "worry"! Good luck to all. and will post from the other side.
momof 3
on 4/11/04 4:13 am - Dearborn Heights, MI
Hi Everybody! Im also haveing my surgery Tuesday April 13 ..and Im getting scared but i also have butterflys in my tummy..lol...im a lil of both excited and scared.Went out got all my yummy liquids.I have started my liquid diet today...kinda feeling hungry even though im drinking and eating my liquids.My Easter Diner will consites of Runny Potatoes..lol...mmm yummy yummy to my tummy...But anyways good luck to everyone i hope and will pray for all of you to have a safe and speddy recovery!....Cristina
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 777 views