Surgery 04/05... home with update

Angela B.
on 4/9/04 11:50 am - Salt Lake City, UT
Hi everybody! I made it home and I am doing well. I did end up with two extra incisions (I had the Lap RNY) because my liver was apparently huge! I am so glad that they did not have to do it Open. Oherwise, everything was uneventful. The Morphine did nothing for my pain but when they started the Dilaudid it kicked in right away so ask for something else if you are not doing well. I had SF jello and broth in the hospital and since I've been home I had more of those plus tried cream of mushroom soup (made with water), cottage cheese, and a few ounces of protein drinks with no ill effects. Plain water hits pretty hard but mixing it with just a little crystal lite or propel has helped me get it down. My pain hasn't been too bad, only taken 1 Percoset. I am walking several times a day and I took a short trip to Costco today and was a little tired but that's all. Good luck and blessings to all of you pre-ops feel free to ask any questions! Angela
Fas33 ~.
on 4/9/04 12:39 pm - Chicago, IL
Hi Angela, Glad to hear every thing went well with you Surgery- I have a tentative date set for April 30th (pending) I'm hoping and praying that it gets approved. Is it true that they get up and walking several hours after surgery? Well continue to well and hope to chat with you soon Felicia
Laurie C.
on 4/9/04 7:38 pm - Atlantic Beach, FL
Felicia, Yes they do get you up as soon as possible. I was walking that evening by about 6:00 after surgery earlier at 8:00 am. They even took me down stairs to the monthly support meeting. Laurie
Fas33 ~.
on 4/11/04 11:56 pm - Chicago, IL
Thanks Laurie, How long has it been since your surgery? Did you have open? I plan on calling my insurance company today for a follow up? Felicia
Laurie C.
on 4/12/04 10:33 pm - Atlantic Beach, FL
Felicia, I go today at 11:00 for my first week check up. My surgery was 4/6. I am feeling great. I will let you know how my doc says I am doing. Laurie
Angela B.
on 4/9/04 1:09 pm - Salt Lake City, UT
Hi Felicia: I was up walking the next morning so I would say 24 hours later. I did wear compression boots from before I went into surgery until I started walking and then I kept them on anytime I was sitting or lying in bed. Hope that helps and good luck to you! Angela
Jan K.
on 4/9/04 1:33 pm - Aurora, OH
Glad your surgery went so well..and your recovery sounds great for day 4 post op...I'm having the lap surgery on the 14th (they moved my date UP yesterday from the 20th) and I hope I do as well as you! Wishing you continued success! Jan
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 777 views