April 1st Checking in

Larakatya
on 4/9/04 1:32 am - Twin Cities, MN
Good Morning my April Bretheren and Sisteren, I had Lap RNY on April 1st and I am down: 15 lbs since last Thursday! I am very very happy I did this. I am off all pain medications since Monday night. I won't lie about the emotional side of things, it's like having permanent PMS so far, but I blame the anesthesia coming out of my system. (It certainly couldn't just be me being a bit crabby ) The tool works! Best of luck to you all on your journey, ~Lara Lap RNY 4/1/04 400/340/Goal of 260
Kelly W.
on 4/9/04 1:45 am - Lafayette, LA
Hey Lara, congrats! I had Lap RNY on 4/1/04 too!! I am down 10 lbs and I am pleased as can be! I already feel like i've lost 50 lbs, its amazing how great I feel Keep In Touch my 4/1/04 friend Kelly 320/310
cherub32169
on 4/9/04 2:49 am - Baltimore, MD
I'm an "April Fool Loser" too! I've cranked off 14 demon lbs since (gulp) I weighed myself on Monday! I know they say not to weigh yourself and everything but hell....I want to see those little baby steps!! -Sandra
Bernadette A.
on 4/9/04 4:46 am - Savage, MN
This is so exciting to hear from all you newbie losers. My surgery is in 10 days, and I can't wait. Congrats on all of the poundage loss!! Lara, I'm in Minnesota too. Where did you have your surgery? Bernadette
Larakatya
on 4/10/04 6:35 am - Twin Cities, MN
Howdie Bernadette, I had my surgery with Dr Drew at Abbott Northwestern. (Who and where I LOVE and highly recommend) I go to a great weekly support group there on Tuesdays at 5:30 pm. Would I have seen you there? I'll be there next week. You should check it out if you haven't Even if you end up not liking this one, the ladies there can hook you up with the dates and times of the groups all over the city. They say that the highest success rates are found in patients *****gularly go to support groups. Best of luck to you Bernadette! ~Lara
Judy Ann M.
on 4/9/04 7:53 am - Bay Village, OH
WECOME HOME LARA!!!! I am right behind you scheduled for Monday, April 12 at 6am...I hope I can come through as HAPPY as you are! You are a great encouragement to me! Congratulations!
Kaylin M.
on 4/9/04 8:11 am - Southwest, AR
Yeah Lara!!! That great, you are an inspiration. I hope I do as well. What is the tool?
Larakatya
on 4/10/04 7:08 am - Twin Cities, MN
The tool is the surgery. I am just reminding myself that the surgery is just one more tool that I have in my arsenal to combat obesity. I am so thankful that I have this tool for my use for the rest of my life! Best of luck to you on your journey Kaylin, ~Lara
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 777 views