WHAT TO BRING???:-S

askaggs1
on 4/8/04 6:27 am - Cunningham, KY
OK my date is April 20th and I'm having open RNY besides my comfy clothes and robe and deodarant what should I take?? I have heard all kinds of things but what do i REALLY NEED? I'm prolly gonna be in the hosptial mostly alone cause my family lives in next town and will only be there for a short time for visits...so I will be relying on the hospital staff I hope they are kind and caring!! Please does anyone have any tips for me? Amanda Skaggs
jennyt
on 4/8/04 11:27 am - Athens, AL
Hi Amanda! I had my surgery last week and I took with me a robe, a tube of chapstick, a clean pair of underwear, some pads, and my drivers license and insurance card. In the end I didn't need my robe but that chapstick sure came in handy! The hospital I stayed in provided gowns with plenty of room and it tied well enough to keep from exposing my behind to the whole world. I was menstruating so I had pads to put on. I wore home the same clothing I went in with. You might also want some house shoes and something to read. Good luck to you!
askaggs1
on 4/9/04 3:10 am - Cunningham, KY
Thank you for your input! I'm soo worried about what to bring, I almost forgot completly about my insurance card!!! Thanks for your input and good luck with loosing!! Amanda
RebeccaB
on 4/9/04 11:43 am - San Antonio, TX
If you have a favorite hobby I would take something along to work on like with myself, I am taking my crochet projects and text books from my classes cause sitting and staring at walls is not my cup of tea lol, BTW the chapstick was an awsome idea, I think I will for sure remember to take some along!
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 777 views