Had Surgery Yesterday

Laurie C.
on 4/7/04 10:23 am - Atlantic Beach, FL
Hey All! Had my surgery yesterday and got home today about 2:30!! I feel pretty darn good, too! Just wanted to let you know all was fine. I'll keep you posted! Laurie
C. W.
on 4/7/04 10:29 am - Carbondale, IL
Laurie, im glad all went well for you and you are on the other side....You were only in hospital for a day? Congrats! Conita
Laurie C.
on 4/7/04 11:10 am - Atlantic Beach, FL
Yes everyone I was only in the hospital for a day. My surgery was at 7:30 yesterday morning and it was not Laproscopic, it was Open RNY. My doc has you do a lot of prop prep and it works. I am not in much pain either. I had problems with the pain meds. Seems I am allergic to just about everything. Never used to be, it must be the fibromyalgia. Anyway I got pain meds chased by benedryl. My doctor just called me about 20 minutes ago. I told him that I just going to take liquid tylenol in the tube - since my pain is VERY tolerable. I am going to rest for awhile, though. I need to be up and walk every two hours for the next couple of days, round the clock. So I will post again tomorrow on my progress. Laurie
Courtney B.
on 4/7/04 11:24 am - Titusville, PA
Laurie, I will have my surgery on the 21st. What wonderful pre sugrery things worked so well? I would love to have every advantage. God Bless You. Glad to see you are doing so well. Keep in touch I will be praying for you Courtney
Steve M.
on 4/7/04 4:09 pm - IN
Could you explain what prop prep is? Sounds interesting. Whatever it is it must have worked. Glad to hear you are so well. My husbands Dr. said he could go home 24 to 48 hours. I thought that was fast. He is having Lap. Steve's wife Debbie
cathy L.
on 4/7/04 10:37 am - sicklerville, NJ
Wait a minute...........you did say you had surgery yesterday and you came home today at 2:30, correct? Never heard of next day release. Did you have Laproscopic? Wow, God Bless You!! Hope all goes well you are in my prayers. Way to Go!!!!!!!!!!! Cathy
ronda A.
on 4/11/04 12:40 am - oakhurst, TX
WOW!!! YOU GO GIRL I CANT BELIEVE IT!!! CONGRATULATIONS AND WISHES FOR A RECOVERY!!
ElvisGreaserGirl
on 4/13/04 9:22 am - Los Angeles, CA
Congrats on feeling good.. I keep hearing everyone's pain is tolerable.. what the hell is wrong with me then??????
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 777 views