BAD NEWS TODAY

ronda A.
on 4/6/04 2:39 am - oakhurst, TX
GOT A CALL THIS MORNING FROM THE DR.S OFFICE, INFORMING ME THAT IN REFERENCE TO THE ECHOCARDIOGRAM I DID MONTHS AGO THAT NOW I HAVE TO SEE A CARDIOLOGIST FOR CLEARENCE BEFORE I CAN GO FORWARD WITH MY SURGERY. NOW I UNDERSTAND THAT THIS IS FOR MY OWN SAFETY, BUT HOW COME IT IS JUST NOW BEING DISCOVERED AND DELT WITH. LUCKILY I ALREADY GOT AN APPT. FOR THIS AFTERNOON WITH A HEART DR. SO PLEASE KEEP ME IN YOUR PRAYERS. AND ILL TRY AND CALM DOWN IM JUST REALLY TICKED OFF THAT THIS WASNT DEALT WITH EARLIER.
MrsTia
on 4/6/04 2:59 am - BALTIMORE, MD
HANG IN THERE MY MOM NEEDED TO SEE A CARDIOLOGIST FOR CLEARENCE AND GOT IT DAYS BEFORE SURGERY. IT WILL BE OK. GOOD LUCK.
MARSHA G.
on 4/6/04 4:27 am - AVRA VALLEY, AZ
Hang in there girl. I am actually going in on 4/12 to have an angioplasty procedure in order to have clearance. I hear that if this is something that is needed, that is very common. 99% of larger folks need this. My prayers are with you. Not so much for the procedure, like I said it is very common, but for your peace of mind. Praise God and I will pray for your peace of mind. Power to the Sister. By the way, my name is Marsha Greenwood and I am hear in Tucson, AZ. I will surely keep you in my prayers.
Rachelq
on 4/6/04 5:22 am - Laguna Niguel, CA
RNY on 04/27/04 with
Ronda, I know how frustrating this is. All of my pre-ops were scheduled so close to my surgery and on top of that, my cardiologist wants to run two separate tests on two separates days! We've gotten this far...and my journey is teaching me that everything happens for a reason. I wish you luck and peace, Rachel
DianneW
on 4/6/04 5:42 am - Louisville, KY
I'm sorry it's so close, I hope and pray it all works out for you. Dianne
Happy Girl
on 4/6/04 9:11 am - New Braunfels, TX
Hi Rhonda! I am so sorry about your news. Let us know what happens. I'm sure everything will work out and I will see you at the hospital! I am going to need you there with me to have a walking buddy ! See you in exactly 2 weeks!!! Priscilla
Josie C.
on 4/6/04 10:17 am - High Desert, CA
Maybe it won't be too bad, I had to see a cardiologist too. Not because there was anything on my EEG, but he wanted to ask me a few questions... unfortunately this did lead to the dreaded treadmill test. Fifteen minutes later he reviewed the new tape and said "OK." So keep the faith.
Reese B.
on 4/6/04 11:26 am - Parsippany, NJ
Stay cool sweetie. You know they love to make us jump through every available hoop known to man.. It will be worth it in the end and you will perservere.. Think of all youv'e already done..Lots of luck ........... Reese
Paula F.
on 4/6/04 11:28 am - Nashville, MI
Hello Ronda, I had the same problem, only it was my family dr. that found it. I ended up having my arortic valve replaced Sep. 23, 2003, and now 6 months later I've been appove for my wls. So don't worry, it will be all right. It's just for your own welfare. My prayers are with you. Keep me posted. Paula
Donna H.
on 4/8/04 1:12 am - Cleveland, OH
I hear you loudly and clearly! My surgery is scheduled for 4/15. On 3/31, I went for my pre-op admission tests. My EKG came back with abnormal with T-wave and myocardial changes. Have to take stress test tomorrow. What's interesting is that I had an abnormal reading back in 1999 -- found out it was borderline. In June, 2004, had an EKG that was normal. Now, I've got an abnormal, just days prior to surgery. Sometimes, that's just the way it goes. The way I feel is that even if I don't get the surgery now, going through this process has been beneficial for me. From all the required testing, five new medical problems were uncovered. If I had not opted for the surgery, these conditions would have worsened and been more difficult to treat once they manifested themselves. I know the angst and frustration of wanting to have the surgery and get it done. I made my first call to get an appointment in December, 2002. My date is 4/15/04. That's a long wait. However, if I have to wait a little longer because of this heart thing, it will only make my chances for a speedy recovery greater. I will pray for you -- first for understandinig how beneficial it is to know about this condition now and get help for it -- second that your condition is not a problem and that you can have your surgery as scheduled and -- third, that you have a speedy recovery.
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 777 views