surgery on April 19, What do I bring to the hospital?

Reese B.
on 4/5/04 8:12 am - Parsippany, NJ
Someone told me to bring a wood spoon to help clean up after myself, Is there anything a little more pleasant I should not be without?
Deana M.
on 4/5/04 10:13 am - Farmington, MN
Hey Reece, we are surgery buddies- my surgery is the same day! I can't wait to hear the answers you get. Here are a couple things I have thought of: 1-2 of my own pillows and some sort of lip moisturizer. WHEEE @ weeks from today! Deana
Rae Smiles
on 4/5/04 10:49 am - Mount Airy, MD
ok, I have heard about tongs, but what is the wooden spoon for? I plan to take the following... shampoo/conditioner for my shower...I have hair from hell face care - moisture, etc hair band (2) toothbrush/toothpaste hairbrush book(s) lip balm skin cream a few pairs of socks slip on shoes - to/from hospital and when I walk around the hospital and pillow and blanket for the ride home...we have a 2 1/2 hour drive. RAE
Jillybean
on 4/5/04 10:50 am - Fayetteville/Fort Bragg, NC
I was told that there really isn't much we'll need. Things I plan on bringing: comfy pjs my pillow slippers chapstick deodorant fresh wipes (in case I can't get a shower) maybe a book to read
Dianna H.
on 4/5/04 11:36 am - Hawthorne, NJ
We have the same day for surgery.I don't know what time yet but will find out on the 14th.I guess you bring the basics: Toothbrush, brush,slippers,lotion, chapstick,a book or something to pass the time.Well Good Luck and enjoy your new life
Bernadette A.
on 4/6/04 5:38 am - Savage, MN
YAY!! I'm April 19th too. I don't have anything to add to the list, but sure am wondering about tongs and wooden spoon. Bernadette
nancyhrich
on 4/7/04 6:12 am - Chicago, IL
the tongs and/or wooden spoon are for "reaching" after using the bathroom ... you know, reaching without bending and leaning, as you may be too sore to bend and lean ... I've got my spoon and baby wipes!!
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 777 views