can anybody tell me about epidural for surgery

Dawn P.
on 4/5/04 6:40 am - Pennsville, NJ
im wondering how bad is the epidural they give you for surgery. id like to no what to expect. i was supposed to have surgery 3/31/04 but was sent home from hospital because of cold. im waitin on my surgeon to call with new date.
irisheyes
on 4/5/04 7:54 am - Harmony, MN
did they say they were going to use and epidural? I asked you surgen if I could have spinal anesthia instead of general (being put to sleep) and he said no they're working to high up, i would just have breathing problems and have to be put to sleep anyway. epidurals for pain arent bad, i had one for all 3 of my kids. it worked great everytime....except the last one where it just numbed my feet. they aren't bad to have put in they numb the area, so all you feel is alittle pressure. good luck Katie
cathy L.
on 4/6/04 10:45 am - sicklerville, NJ
Hi Dawn. The epidural we will have is not to numb, it is for pain medication. Dr Slotman described it to me, he said you can still move with it, it is kept in for two days, because he'd rather not give too much morphine. So it will be a constant flo of pain medication to that area. It really isn't too bad to get, you just must stay still when they are doing it. Its worth the time it takes to put in and it does not take long to do. Don;t worry!!! Cathy
askaggs1
on 4/8/04 6:20 am - Cunningham, KY
Dawn, It is different for everyone, but for me...I had one with my c-section with my son and i'd never have one again...the guy that did it messed up and i had a spinal headache and had to lay flat for 3 weeks so i wouldn't have spinal fluid leaking...and it was the worst pain I've ever had in my life!! So when I have my surgery done on the 20th of this month my dr has strict instructions of no spinal!!! I hope you have better luck, I will keep you in my prayers!! Amanda Skaggs
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 777 views