I'm ok, but I start thinking weird things...

kimberly B.
on 4/5/04 2:56 am - athens, al
hi becky name is kim bledsoe i had the sugery thursday and i was so and i feel better because after i did it
Jillybean
on 4/5/04 3:53 am - Fayetteville/Fort Bragg, NC
I have had the same exact thoughts!!! My appendix ruptured in December, and I had to have emergency surgery to remove it. I also watch discovery health all of the time, and watched too many horror stories about those who were under enough anesthesia that they couldn't talk, yet they still felt the pain. I was crying to my anesthisiologist and surgeon as I'm laying on the operating table-- I made them PROMISE me that they would tell me before they cut me. I told them to hold my hand and say "Ok, Jill, we're going to start now" and I told them if I could hear them, I'd do my best to try to squeeze their hand if I could still feel. I appologized for being rediculous, but the surgeon said it was a very normal fear, and that I wasn't the first person to ask! Anyway, I didn't feel a thing. I don't even remember the surgery. Heck, I don't even remember falling asleep. I was talking one minute, the next thing I know they're calling my name to wake me in recovery. I hope this surgery goes as smoothly! I talked to the anesthisiologist today, and I brought up my fear again. He told me I was in good hands. But you're not alone in these thoughts!
Liz...Tulsa
on 4/5/04 6:54 am - Oklahoma City, OK
Thanks to all who have repsonded or at least read this. I know things will be fine, but at least it's nice to know someone else is having these thoughts! Liz
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 777 views