I'm ok, but I start thinking weird things...

Liz...Tulsa
on 4/4/04 8:29 am - Oklahoma City, OK
My surgery is 4-21 and I go in for pre-op on 4-12. Well, I've had 3 or 4 other minor surgeries, one being a lap gallbladder removal. I did pretty well on all of these and so of course, I am thinking I will be the PERFECT patient for this one and will be walking 5 miles on a tread mill in a week. Yeah, right. Now, I am not afraid of this surgery, but things occasionally run through my mind to create that little twinge of apprehension. Can I tell you all this? I don't wanna creep anyone out here, so if you are pre-op and don't want some worries, stop now.. _ _ _ OK. I'm a discovery health junkie. I have seen the show where people do the anesthesia thing and remember and feel everything. I HAVE NEVER had this problem, but it's coming into my mind. I know this is just the little chubby satans telling me it's ok to stay fat, but I don't want this. Have any of you had these wild, mildly obsessive worries before hand? Please tell me that I'm not the only one and that it's just silly nerves. I know everything will be ok, but this one thing comes up about once a day to get me nervous. Dang it. Liz
Pam A.
on 4/4/04 8:54 am - Wellston, OH
I think that is normal. My surgery is 4-28-04 & I feel the same way.
Rae Smiles
on 4/4/04 9:06 am - Mount Airy, MD
Liz, I too am "daydreaming" all kinds of weird stuff....anestheasia issues....I too am hooked on the what if I can feel everything, what if something goes wrong...what if...what if...what if...what if.... I have been playing this game for weeks...I am happy to say that I have calmed down a bit over the last week, but the daydreams come to me pretty frequently, I just make my mind work it out for the best.... I am so glad we all get to discuss this stuff....otherwise I would think I am the only one having these thoughts. Best wishes for a completely "I can't remember a thing" surgery. Grinning.... RAE
(deactivated member)
on 4/4/04 10:48 am - woodbury, NJ
yes girl please i think that i will wake up in the middle of it
Liz...Tulsa
on 4/4/04 12:21 pm - Oklahoma City, OK
Hey, thanks for all the responses. I don't feel like such a looney now. I know we'll all come through with flying colors. But, yeah, it's great we can talk about these things out in the open. When I told my mother all she could say was "stop thinking that crap". Moms...gotta love 'em! Liz
Kare B.
on 4/4/04 2:20 pm - Baltimore, MD
All I can say is "I'm looking forward to looking back on all this." LOVE, HUGS and PRAYERS to ALL my FRIENDS Karen
Karen W.
on 4/4/04 4:21 pm - Glendale, AZ
Hi all...I am new here and my surgery is scheduled for April 13th. The closer it gets, the more crazy things run through my head!! I do know in my heart though that I will be ok!! I want to wish you all luck on your upcoming surgeries!! ~Karen
girlcub
on 4/4/04 11:16 pm - Aurora, CO
Well - if you do remember all you went through and work they had to do maybe you will be mor appractive of yuor tool and lose more weight-- I have had a nine surgerys for other things I never remebr the surgery but I did wake up one time sooner then they thought I would and was still on the operating table but they were done and I fell right back asleep- so I did not see or hear much-- what I think is realy weird is someonesaid that there doctor said they could use a epiderial instead and that person would be awake for everything-- me -- knock me out
fairyswand
on 4/5/04 12:09 am - Rincon, GA
Wow! So I'm not the only one who thinks I am going to wake up in the middle of my surgery or that the Dr. will start before I am fully asleep. I keep thinking these things but then I just push them out of my head. I just say hey I'll worry about that when the big day arrives but hey it is almost here. 8 days and counting. April 14th!! I just still think that it is a good bit away but really it isn't so I think I am gonna be absolutely terrifed when reality hits me right before my surgery. I just keep praying everything goes well!!
BeckyB1971
on 4/5/04 2:21 am - Manitowoc, WI
I have been thinking about things too... when I start to freak out I just remind myself to think about all the good this surgery is going to do for me. I go to the before and after pictures and think - some day that will be me!!!!! I am having surgery on the 12th and am staying pretty calm ( calmer then I expected myself to be). Good Luck!
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 777 views