Surgery date April 13th- What to pack?

April L.
on 4/3/04 1:36 am - Minot, ND
I am curious as what I should take with me to the hospital to be more comfortable. Any ideas? What's everybody else packing?
kathie W.
on 4/3/04 2:09 am - douglassville, PA
Hi April, I had my surgery Aug 2003. I packed like I was going away for a week. I was only in the hospital 2 days. I wore a moo-moo type house coat. Something you can wear to walk the halls. You'll need a pair of non-slip slippers. I brought my own pillow which I needed in the car to hold against my belly for the ride home. Outside of toothbrush and a comb and brush I didn't need anything else. Good Luck and lets here from you. ***as always i pass along some friendly advice. Healing is more mental then physical. Take care of number 1. When the dr says get some rest -you rest. and when he says get some excersise then excersise. but don't push until he says so. I go by the name chattykathie,I've lost 110lbs and I enjoy hearing back from new chatters. good luck.
shalandar
on 4/3/04 5:35 am - NOBLESVILLE, IN
I have not had surgery yet, but I know a lot of people say to take a little fan because it can get very hot in the room. Good Luck on the surgery and GOD BLESS!!!
Eileen G.
on 4/3/04 5:47 am - Sun Valley, NV
April... Here's what I was told ..something loose and comfortable..slip on shoes,a hair brush,toothbrush, any thing you normally use lotion,shampoo,conditioner, get the little sample sizes..congrats and my date is the 13th as well...my thoughts are with you.Eileen
cotesbabe
on 4/3/04 9:22 am - Agawam, MA
God bless you for a quick and smooth recovery......I was told chapstick is a must! and i will be taking it............ stephanie
ChangN M.
on 4/3/04 10:17 pm - AL
Hello April, Congrats on your date and a speedy recovery to you. As far as packing goes(my date is April 26th). I have the usual toothbrush/toothpaste, comb, slippers, robe, socks, and for me sweat pants and tee shirts... I hate gowns(smile). I packed a handheld electronic Yathzee game for my amusement. I also have a book to read to help pass the time away. I have enough packed for 3-4 days as my surgeon suggested just in case I may have to be there beyond 23-24hrs. Best of all, I have my mom who has been my support from the start and a very dear friend who will be with both my mom and myself for support. I must also add that I am tempted to take along my laptop computer. I have a feeling that I will probably be doing a lot of sleeping after the surgery and may not have a chance to do much of anything... then again, who knows?! If you pick up any other suggestions on what to pack---post them please. Kym
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 777 views