April 23rd anyone? Miserable Pre-admissions :(

mscspr3
on 4/2/04 2:17 pm - Fairborn, OH
I haven't see anyone with an April 23rd date... 3 wks to go! Today was my pre- admission visit. (Consent form, chest x-ray, anesthesia) Which wasn't so bad but no one informed me that I'd have to fast 8 hrs for my blood work, and fast 12 hrs for my gallbladder ultrasound So I have to go back twice more before surgery. BTW, anyone have the choice between regular anestesia and a epidural? ~Michelle
Roger C.
on 4/2/04 6:33 pm - Cleveland, OH
Hi Michelle, My surgery is scheduled for April 23, 2004 in Cleveland Ohio. I went for my PAT's on March 24th.....the day lasted about 6 hours between blood work, pulminary function test and other exams plus we had a class with the nurse with pre-op and post-op instructions as well as a class with the nutritionist. It was a very long day because I had to go straight from there to work. One of my blood test for my liver came back slightly elevated so they sent me for an ultrasound of my abdomen. I only had to fast for 4 hours for that ultrasound. Good luck with your surgery on the 23rd and may you have a speedy recovery. Take care, Roger
Sheri H.
on 4/3/04 10:50 am - Springfield, MO
My date is April 23rd in Sedalia MO --- I'm so excited , scared all that good junk! Less than 3 weeks! My pre op testing was Mar 29th and I was lucky enough to not have to fast before mine --- Good luck & I hope all goes well for you , email me and let me know how you do afterwards!
mscspr3
on 4/4/04 7:03 am - Fairborn, OH
YAY! other 23rd's I'm in Dayton, Ohio Just visited Cleveland, and I love it there! I feel bad complaining about my pre-admit when yours lasted so long. I didn't get any pre/post-op classes tho (that would have been nice). Good luck with yours too! I can't wait to join you on the losing side ~Michelle
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 777 views