I have a new date

SARAH W.
on 4/2/04 10:29 am - ROCK SPRING, GA
I was scheduled to have my surgery in May, now I am going to have it on 4-19-04. I am so excited. I had my psyc evaluation today, the first time anyone ever told me I was normal. He said I am a perfect candidate for this surgery. I would love to hear from anyone that has had the surgery. Good luck to all!
Rachelq
on 4/2/04 8:43 pm - Laguna Niguel, CA
RNY on 04/27/04 with
Welcome to April! I am mildly depressed and a binge eater (that's what my eval determined.) No big surprise here! I can't wait to see everyone in April switching from pre to post op this month! Take care, Rachel
SARAH W.
on 4/2/04 11:57 pm - ROCK SPRING, GA
Hi Rachel, Thank you so much for responding. I am so excited I can hardley stay on the ground. I have been working and researching for about 18 months. I lost my job, which had an exclusion for the surgery, last July in a major downsizing. I got the first job I interviewed for in September. When I talked to the President of the company, I had known for years, I asked about benefits. When he said John Deere Insurance, I knew God had a hand in my situation. I had a four month probabation on my new job. On January 15th, I called the insurance company and was told it no longer covered the surgery after Jan. 1, 2004. I was sick! I, on the urging of my best friend and the nurse at my doctors office, called back and got an angle. She researched our coverage and my policy will not renew until Sept. 2004! I went to my surgeon, I had already been to two seminars, they felt they would not pay because they have a 6 month physican monitored diet policy. I did not have time because of the Sept. thing with my insurance. They filed it, I had got medical records from everyone I had ever seen and my primary physican wrote a chilling letter. I included a three page letter and with one week APPROVED! I have been eating like a pig too! My husband has taken me out every night this week but one and that night I felt bad. We had hot dogs, chili and slaw. I hope I will not gain too much before the surgery. Keep me posted on how you are doing and please keep me in your prayers. I have a peace about my decision too. I feel everything has worked out like it has because God is in control! I will pray that you do not have the depression and anxiety prior to surgery that I have been reading about on line. But hey, if we do, we at least know it is normal! Obesityhelp.com has been wonderful for me! Gota run! Thanks again, Sarah
Rachelq
on 4/3/04 12:12 am - Laguna Niguel, CA
RNY on 04/27/04 with
Dear Sarah, Thanks for sharing your story. I had a pretty bumpy ride too! My first PCP was very unsupportive, and made me feel like a terrible person for even considering this surgery. Long story short, she is no longer my pcp and I'm having surger on the 27th. Yee Haw! I was very angry about how things went, but as time passed, I realized everything happens for a reason. I have made some terrific friends from this website and from my support group. And best of all I have a terrific, experienced surgeon. Here's to giving it to God! I'm praying for you too. Rachel
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 777 views