Two weeks away and no approval

Mamayemi
on 4/2/04 4:53 am - Beaver Falls, PA
Allright, Surgery is two weeks away and I have yet to hear the two most wonderful words ever uttered by insurance... "You're approved." My doctor says not to worry about it that I will hear from them by the week of surgery. They've only had my info less than a week, but I'm so nervous. I can't stop eating.... and I'm supposed to be losing weight. I'm trying... At least I'm still working out. I am so nervous. I want to be able to not think about getting approved and just enjoy my last two weeks, but I'm afraid until I hear those words.. "you're approved"... I'm going to be nutty. Anyone with me on this one? Angela
Mary D.
on 4/2/04 5:23 am - Vestavia Hills, AL
I'm with you on this!! My insurance denied me the first time because I had a one-year pre-existing waiting period. I was told to reapply in April. Well impatient me... had an appointment 4/1/04 to get the ball rolling again. I was in thrilled when my Dr. said.. let's set the date! My surgery is scheduled for 4/26 and they haven't resubmitted my paperwork and I haven't heard those two words yet either... YOU'RE APPROVED! They told me ..(like you) that it would happen. I'm just putting it in God's hands and realizing they see these everyday. They know what the insurance approves and denies. Good luck to you!
Mamayemi
on 4/2/04 9:38 am - Beaver Falls, PA
Thanks Ladies, I really do appreciate that I'm not alone. I always see people who are approved before they even have a surgery date. I guess having a surgery date should make me more at ease considering that means that my surgeons office is confident. I've been blessed with such a wonderful team at my surgeons office. They are so sweet and nice, no matter how many times I call and bug them. They actually told me to relax and have fun. At first I thought they were crazy, but now, I know I need to just try and enjoy these last couple of weeks. I will be praying that the both of you hear an answer soon! Lord Bless you Ladies! Angela
girlcub
on 4/2/04 10:03 pm - Aurora, CO
Add me to your waiting list- I have it scheduled for 4/19 the insurance was summited on 3/25 and have to wait. - I really think they are going to have to rescheduled- I kinda want to wait because my daughter has a field trip on 4/21 that I want to go to but I really want it done before the end of April- I would be excited and happy even If I have to miss the field trip to have it done before the end of april. Hope you get your approval soon.
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 777 views