04/06 Date: Crying: Freaking: Anxiety: What the Hell???

ElvisGreaserGirl
on 4/2/04 2:42 am - Los Angeles, CA
Okay I am your typical type A personality. I am a perfectionist. period. Top in everything.. handle everything.. and so far my whole surgery situation has been a breeze.. Not even thought about it.. Went through the motions of insurance approval, cardio, pulmin, blood work, ekg, upper gi.. all with a grain of salt.. NOW THREE DAYS BEFORE MY SUREGRY.. IM LOSING IT.. IM CRYING, OUT OF NOWHERE.. HAVE NO IDEA WHY.. IM PHYSCIALLY SHAKING.. NOT SCARED.. I DONT KNOW WHATS GOING ON... ANXIETY? WHATS HAPPENEING.. ANYONE CLOSE TO THEIR DATE FREAKING OUT NOW??? Im really freaking out. Today is my last day in the office. Surgery is Tuesday.. But i cant seem to keep control of my emotions.. including crying... this is not me.. anyone got any clues?????????????
Rae Smiles
on 4/2/04 2:55 am - Mount Airy, MD
Jamie, close your eyes, breath in---hold it----breath out....repeat.....ok, one more time... This exercise helped me out of my crying jag the other night....while crying is NOT normal for me either...also a type A here...and VERY pushy....always under control...well, I feel like I am loosing control...but, I sat down quietly, made alist of pro's & con's and am trying to stay focused on myself...not normal for me. The pro/con list really helps me when I start to get side-tracked. While I do not hold the "magic" key, and if you find it, please share it...but, please know that your emotions seem so much like my own, perhaps this is "normal" for us. Good luck to you...and please feel free to email me if you need to "chat" Best wishes for a successful surgery and a speedy recovery!! RAE
ElvisGreaserGirl
on 4/2/04 3:00 am - Los Angeles, CA
Thanks.. Im trying. I really am. Never expected this.. It came out of nowhere.. Breathe.. Breathe.. Breathe.... Uhhh Im trying
Teri M.
on 4/2/04 3:28 am - Guntersville, AL
Mine is on Wednesday and the anxiety is getting to me. I think that's pretty common. Pretty soon we will be over the mountain and on the downhill side. Good luck..God be with you. Teri
DEB W.
on 4/2/04 4:30 am - VIRGINIA BEACH, VA
I honestly believe this is a very normal response. You are making life changing changes in just a few days! We all are. I am not nervous or worried or scared. I honestly believe this is because I am very well educated on the topic thanks to a terrific mentor, surgeon and nursing staff and of course the support groups. I have gone to several already for three different drs and have learned tons of stuff. I love my dr. he is sarcastic, and very honest and upfront with everything. The unknown is always scary, especially when you want to be in control of the situation. Well guess what this time your are in the Dr.'s hands and God's too!!The pros and cons was a terrific idea also. I find when I write things down it sure does make a difference in how a feel. Have you ever written a letter to someone and never mailed it but felt better for doing it? well write one to you...tell you why you have come to this decision..see what happens. My surgery is Wednesday. deb
Lisa B.
on 4/2/04 6:46 am - Marquette, MI
Hi Mine is Monday all day people at work were asking my Are you scared? Right now honestly no. I did feel like maybe I was starting to hyper ventilate on the way to my car after work but I just kept breathing like they say and it passed. I guess I'm so focused on the after - all week when I got dressed I was like won't have to wear these ugly clothes again. We are doing this at the perfect time of year we'll be able to got outside in the warmer weather etc. I also made a game of it for my family I told them to start a pool to guess how much I weigh kind like a baby pool! They said I cant believe your going to tell us how much you weigh - I said who cares I'll never weigh that again! Really though the thinkg fo the after big time. Take care it will be great!!!!!!!
Laurie C.
on 4/2/04 7:26 am - Atlantic Beach, FL
Don't think you are alone in the freaking out!!! I too am having surgery on Tuesday and I am not my self either. My doctor requires you to breathe to a certain level in a spirometer. Now, I have had this thing since the first of the month. Been blowing the level he wants and then bang last night my shoulder decides to hurt out of the blue and now all day long I can barely breathe at a decent level, let alone the level I should be at. So, I see the doc this afternoon, tell him the problems I am having - breathe for him and yep not so good. Anyway I get home and breathe just great!!! I guess I am just starting to get real anxious too. Anyway, I still look forward to less of me in the future. It will soon be here, over and we will be on the losing side!!! Good luck and hope we all can relax a little!!! Laurie
Angela B.
on 4/2/04 8:09 am - Salt Lake City, UT
Hi Jamie: I am right there with you!! Personalitywise, anxiety, crying and all. I even used to live in West LA!! I am just starting to come out of my two days of total anxiety. Everytime I looked at my two little girls I would burst into tears. I think it is completely normal and I think it will pass and you will be calm before you go in. I just talked to the hospital and I have to be there Monday morning at 6am. I am excited for all of us and I can't wait to see all of the wonderful changes that will unfold for us. Take care!! Angela
Dodie R.
on 4/2/04 9:06 am - North Little Rock, AR
Hi Jamie!! My surgery is Monday, April 5th. I have found myself being totally not me in the last few days. I have cried at the drop of a hat, been overly self defensive, etc. I'm afraid I don't have all the right things in the kitchen for when I get home from the hospital, even though I went to the store yesterday and stocked up on stuff. I have such a huge appetite right now, I keep asking myself.........will that really change? So all of this must be a normal response to our life changing habits. We will get through this and much more with God's help. I pray all of us have an uneventful surgery and speedy recovery. God bless, Dodie
Pamela T.
on 4/2/04 1:29 pm - Piedmont, AL
My surgey is the 6th also I have not been able to sleep. I am excited but truly scared that something will happen. But even with all that I will not change my mind I still want it done. I will be thinking of all of you and I pray for the best! Pam
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 777 views