pre-op tests

Fae L.
on 3/31/04 11:08 am - Celina, TX
I saw the list some of you have had. I am confused. All my dr required was blood, gallbladder ultrasound, and a stress test. Thoughts anyone? I am having surgery in 4 days. Fae Landrum (pre-op testing)
jenn a
on 3/31/04 1:20 pm - Long Beach, CA
It probably depends on your medical history. Turns out all I needed was labs since I have no other medical problems. Jennifer
Bernadette A.
on 3/31/04 9:44 pm - Savage, MN
I also thought some of those lists were long. I only have to have an EKG and labs at my pre-op appointment. My doctor will automatically take my gall bladder unless it is in "pristine" condition. Bernadette
Jillybean
on 4/1/04 12:44 am - Fayetteville/Fort Bragg, NC
Every surgeon and every insurance company are different, and require different things. My insurance company will not even look at paperwork if there isn't at least 1 documented diet attempt, nutrition classes have been taken, and a psych evaluation and follow-up has been conducted. My surgeon requires blood tests, pulmonary function, sleep study and stress test for all of his patients. Some doctors are more thorough, some feel its unnecessary. I'm sure there are some people *****quire aditional testing because of their own personal medical history. The hospital itself requires me to have my blood gasses tested, a chest x-ray and EKG. Its a part of the pre-admittance. If you've done everything your surgeon told you to do, and you have been approved by your insurance company, I woulnd't worry about what everyone else is doing.
Linda W.
on 4/1/04 12:51 am - Jacksonville, FL
Haven't had my pre-op yet, that's Monday, but so far all I've had to do was the barium GI thing and a psych eval for this whole wls process and I have several co-morbidities. My gallbladder was removed almost 20 yrs ago, so that eliminated that test!!! It's all moved so quickly for me. I guess the Lord gave his golden seal of approval, so things have been moving along quickly and easily. Let's hope that trend continues after the "big cut"!
andy S.
on 4/1/04 6:30 am
My surgeon required Sleep apnea test ( prior to surgery approval) and for pre op tests that I had the other day : EKG, Chest X ray and Blood Work..That was it... Guess they are all different.. Andy
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 777 views