April 12th - getting prepared.....

BeckyB1971
on 3/31/04 8:04 am - Manitowoc, WI
My surgery is just around the corner and I have to do some major shopping this weekend so that I am prepared when I get home. I just have this feeling that I am going to forget something I need when I get home...... I am also hoping that while I am in the hospital that I get some more helpful information on things to eat and not eat. I am afraid I will eat something I am not supposed to eat (when I am able to eat ).
Jillybean
on 4/1/04 12:48 am - Fayetteville/Fort Bragg, NC
Why don't we start a list of things we'll need? I know I'm going to forget things, too, and could use some suggestions from others. So far, this is what I'm thinking..... For the hospital- chapstick fresh wipes deodorant comfy pjs and slippers a book For when I get home-- bottled water sugar-free popsicles protein shake mixes flinstone vitamins sugarfree jello bullion cubes for broth and I can't think of anything else right now-- help!
BeckyB1971
on 4/1/04 3:23 am - Manitowoc, WI
For the hospital- shampoo & conditioner razor toothbrush & toothpaste A robe I was told to bring tongs??? my own fluffy pillow :0) At home - crystal light - raspberry ice (it is great!) calcium chews blender If I think of anymore or find anything else to list I will update.
BeckyB1971
on 4/1/04 8:31 am - Manitowoc, WI
I am also bringing a camera and a journal
Annette I.
on 4/4/04 2:42 pm - burbs of sac, CA
The tongs would be for wiping the places you cant reach if those question marks meant you werent sure why...
baddgurrl
on 4/1/04 8:31 am - Chino Valley, AZ
The 12th is my big day too, I am goin ginto surgery at 10 am, so I will think of you too that day even though you are far away, we will have the same anniversary, and I cannot wait to compare notes with you. I have not even thought past the robe and slippers for the hospital things are happenning so fast, I am preparing for my families and animals needs while I am gone, guess its time to think of my needs now thanks for the reminder. I am not nervous yet, lets hope it holds out.
BeckyB1971
on 4/1/04 8:38 am - Manitowoc, WI
Carol- I am starting to get nervous. I have scheduled my preop tests Friday afternoon at my PCP's office and found out today that they don't have the the orders from my surgeon yet. Getting a little nervous about that. I wanted to get those out of the way in case I need to repeat a test or something. Hope it is a better day then I had today. I have to get some shopping in this weekend so I can be prepared. I work alot next week so I wont have much time to get things done. Wishing you the best!! Becky
baddgurrl
on 4/1/04 8:47 am - Chino Valley, AZ
Becky, this must be the norm for the testing because that is when I go in for my physical and blood workup with my surgeons office, they must just have to rule out things before surgery. My sister works in the lab at the hospital, and even if they have to rerun a test it is not usually a long process, I am sure things will go swimmingly and everything will be fine. I know what you mean about working a lot, my surgery date blew my mind I thought I would have like two months wait because at my original consultation that is how far out my surgeon was scheduling, I got barely three weeks notice. I have two mares who had their foals this past weekend, and then on tuesday, I have two more due who I doubt will be going before I go to the hospital, so I will miss that, but there is no way I would not take the opportunity to get this surgery over with. I have waited a year for these foals but one heck of a lot longer for the chance at a new life and better health. Besides these horses can have the babies withoout me, I just love to see they sneak them in on me sometimes anyhow while I am passed out with exhaustion, at least I got to see two born this year. I cannot wait to ride like I used to, I have a feeling I will be smiling a lot more in the next year. Godspeed both the surgery and recovery for the both of us!! Carol
Linda W.
on 4/1/04 10:07 am - Jacksonville, FL
My surgery is like 7 am in the morning! I have to be AT the hospital by 6. Great, I am not a morning person! Anyway, a few other things I'm taking that weren't listed are: lotion menstrual pads a cd player w/favorite cds (music soothes me) Do you know, I haven't even started getting the things together for the hospital yet? It makes it feel like I still got lots of time if I delay. I also saw cream of wheat and baby foods mentioned as soft foods. I have been ordering sample sizes of protein mixes from a couple of sites recommended by members to try after the surgery. They say your tastes change, so I didn't want to buy large canisters of mixes I may not like. My taste buds are pretty picky now, maybe that'll change after the surgery? I also have little, cup size tornado mixers for the drinks. Still need to do some shopping but in a crunch, I'll just get hubby to get whatever for me.
Jill S.
on 4/1/04 11:37 am - Plano, TX
Hi Becky...my date is April 12th as well. You seem to be more on the ball than I am. I haven't started preparing at all. I thought the weekend before will be a good distraction for me...so I'll probably put it off until then. Wishing you nothing but the best. Jill
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 777 views