April 14th is my new birthday! :thumbsup:

Janet L.
on 3/30/04 7:00 am - Lawrenceville, NJ
Today I completed the final steps - I paid my deposit and had the pre-admission testing done. Two weeks from now I will have my last big meal. The next day I will become a new person.... I am very excited about this and can't wait to start losing weight and getting my life back, but also a bit scared of the surgery and the first few weeks following the surgery. Also, I just hope I can stay away from all the foods that I love (I am currently eating all those things I have been trying not to, because I won't be eating them ever post op). I guess that's where a strong support system comes in. I am very afraid of failing. But I guess that's normal. Last - but not least - I would like to wish the best to all of you and hope everything you dreamed of comes true!
Jillybean
on 3/30/04 9:09 am - Fayetteville/Fort Bragg, NC
Congratulations!!! I can't believe we will all be starting a new life soon!
RoxanneF
on 3/30/04 10:15 am - Baltimore, MD
I can't wait for my new life too. At my pre-op class today they said not to eat a lot of junk and put on more weight before surgery. That it was not good for your liver and makes it harder for the doctors the more fat you have in there. Sounded good. But I know I'm not going to be eating sweets after surgery so I guess I'm having some now. I was told you can eventually eat just about anything but after going through all this to loose weight and get healthy, why would you do that. I don't know where I'll have my last meal at. Probably Olive Garden. That have great pasta dishes there and I know I'll be staying away from that for a while. I'm also on the 14th!! So, pray for us both. I will be also.
skye56
on 3/31/04 12:32 am - Amarillo, TX
Janet.............nah - you WON'T fail - just get that thought outta your head, girl!! Anytime you need support, we're all here for you. And being scared of the surgery...........well, that goes without saying. Just keep a positive attitude and you'll whiz through it. That's what I keep telling myself. We have the same surgery date! Much luck and success is sent your way. Vick
Sandra K.
on 3/31/04 11:20 am - Bristol, PA
April 14th is my new b'day too! I will be having mine at Temple, what about you? Best of luck to you. It can only get better
Jerry B.
on 4/8/04 12:10 am - Huntsville, AL
I also go April the 14th. Hope everything goes perfect for you. My partner at the police department had the surgery in April of 03. He has lost 158lbs, 29inch waist and looks great. Hope you have the same results.
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 777 views