Surgery 4/21 --Counddown to the New Me!

Martha C.
on 3/29/04 2:56 am - Many, LA
HI! I'm scheduled (finally) for April 21st. Had to fight CIGNA tooth & nail, but I finally received approval after 2nd appeal. I'll be in Christus Schumpert in Shreveport, Louisiana. I'm not scared, but I'm dreading the pain & discomfort. I had a hysterectomy 2 years ago. Do you think the pain from this surgery will be any worse? I'm having the open procedure. I'm also worried about hair loss! I know to keep up my protien intake post-op, but the thought of thinning hair terrifies me more than the procedure! HA! I need an angel---heck, I need a whole fleet of angels! ---Martha
thin_tyme
on 3/29/04 6:00 am - WY
Hi Martha, congratulations on your date. I can't answer your question about the pain. My guess would be that it is comparable. As far as the hair loss, I'll take it any day over being MO. There are a lot of cute wigs out there, and heck it grows back, some people don't really have a problem with losing hair and others do. We just have to wait and see. Good luck Martha
Sue B.
on 3/31/04 7:02 am - Fort Dix, NJ
Hi Martha! Well I'm there with you----April 21st. There is only one thing that is scary to me, dang Heparin shots in the tummy. Does anyone know if it is normal to get these when your awake? We will make it....we are fighters...we have made it this far. The hair loss hasn't been a problem for very many in the support group I've been attending but I've got my protien lined up eitherway. I pray you find an angle....I would like my husband to be mine but he will have his hands full with our four kids....so if you find an extra...bless one here also. Hopefully we talk before the 2oth but if not blessings with a quick, painless post-op! Sue
Nancy D.
on 3/31/04 8:30 pm - Lake Oswego, OR
April 21ster as well!
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out