April 14th and scared

Patty M.
on 3/28/04 8:11 am - Falling Waters, WV
April 14th is comming really fast I am scared, excited, I saw my surgen for my last visit untile my Surgery he told me all the bad thing that could happen. And I have to say it has made me really scared!!
cathy L.
on 3/28/04 9:53 am - sicklerville, NJ
Hi Patty. My surgery is the 12th of April. And i went thursday for my last visit before surgery.I know what you mean it almost sounds like the Dr. is asking you.Do you really want to have this surgery?? They have to tell you the good and the bad, anything can happen with any surgery . I think this seems worse because it is elective surgery. Thats why I like to come on here all the time an talk to different people, they are a big help. They make you realize we're all in the same boat. Im sure all will be fine, YOur in my prayers. CATHY
Betty E.
on 3/28/04 10:27 am - MD
Hi Patty...Congrats on your date, I understand about being scared...I think we all are if we are truthful so beleive me what you are feeling is completely normal..I agree with the other post that it really helps to get on this site and talk out your fears,worries and frustrations...Just try to think positively and rembember what brought you this far, a promise of a better quality to life...My date is 4/15 and even though Im nervous, I am definately looking forward to it!! Good Luck and God Bless, you will be in my prayers! Betty
RoxanneF
on 3/28/04 1:06 pm - Baltimore, MD
Hello: My date is also the 14th. I still have to meet with my surgeon one last time to discuss a few things. He told me the first time I met him of all the problems that could occur. It's almost like those commercials on TV for different prescription meds. Then they say really fast at the end, all of the side effects that could occur. "Don't take if you have heart disease, liver disease, kidney problems. Discontinue if you get bad diarreah, severe headaches, blurred vision, nausea, constipation, ringing in your ears, vomiting. Call your doctor you experience seizures, double vision, blood in your stool, numbness or tingling in your hands and feet, etc." After all that, what crazy person would want to take this medication. I feel like that a little after talking with the doctor about all the possible complications. But then there I go, still getting the surgery. I must be that crazy person.
Wanda K.
on 3/29/04 2:51 pm - Eugene, OR
Hi Patty ! My Surgey date is the same as yours, I havent had my pre-op visit yet and I am waiting for the Packet the DR. sends that will tell me what to do next. Im a little nervouse but not scared. I had a Histerectomy 4 years ago, and feel so much better, So Im looking forward to feeling the same after this surgery too. Keep in touch and Good Luck.
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 777 views