April 27 in Los Angeles

Dianne J.
on 3/26/04 11:28 pm - Somewhere near the 10 freeway, CA
Hi everyone: My surgery is scheduled for April 27, in Los Angeles, California. It seems like time is just flying. I remember when I had 56 days BEFORE my surgery, now it is 30 days before surgery. I'm an OH HTML Volunteer, so I usually spend my extra time working on profile spruces up. Wow, the next thing I know 26 days have went flying by. This is a revision surgery for me, so I pretty much know what to expect. Of course, it is natural to have fears about dying. That's why I selected a surgeon who has done 2000 surgeries with zero deaths. Also, I read a post which says "We walk by faith, not by sight"........I like that. I dont want to dwell on the thought of dying so, I am just trying to keep myself busy, so today I am thinking about major house cleaning jobs that I put off..........shampoo the carpet and cleaning out the closets. I'm having some problems with pain in my arms/shoulder, but I will do as much as I can cause I don't want to sit around this house and feel sorry for myself. If I do that - I will start feeling depressed.......... My goal is to just keep BUSY........ If you are having surgery in the month of April 2004, drop me at line. We are all on this path together. .
Jennifer H.
on 3/26/04 11:43 pm - Hampton, VA
WOOHOO for you!! I'm the day after and I'm cleaning or painting everything that isn't moving! Almost like "nesting" before I had my children! Best of luck, sounds like you've researced things well!
Sonya Galindo
on 3/27/04 12:41 am - Orange, CA
Hi Jennifer: Yes, you are right. It's like "nesting". I just realized that I could re-organize the bookcases. You know, remove all the contents, clean the bookcase from top to bottom then replace all the contents.........get rid of clutter. LOOK OUT PEOPLE - CARPET SHAMPOO MACHINE COMING THROUGH !!!! '
Rachelq
on 3/27/04 2:54 am - Laguna Niguel, CA
RNY on 04/27/04 with
Hi Dianne, I'm the 27th too. I'm having mine done in Orange County. Right now I am pretty excited. I know that as the day gets closer...well you know Are you going to the California Disney event on the 24th? I decided I'd go and be nervous with people that "get it". Hope to see you there! Rachel
Dianne J.
on 3/27/04 2:56 am - Somewhere near the 10 freeway, CA
Hi Rachel: Can you send me a link to the California Disney event? .
Rachelq
on 3/27/04 3:02 am - Laguna Niguel, CA
RNY on 04/27/04 with
Of course! Here ya go! Connie Sue is also trying to get a head count on the California board. Pop by and say hi! http://www.obesityhelp.com/anaheim2004/ Take care, Rachel
MyraD
on 3/27/04 8:11 am - Bradford, RI
Hi, Dianne. I am also having my surgery on the 27th!! It will be here so soon!! I am in Rhode Island. Good luck and I know you will have an uneventful procedure and recovery. (((hugs))) Myra
Dianne J.
on 3/28/04 10:40 am - Somewhere near the 10 freeway, CA
Thank you Myra - we will both have an uneventful procedure and recovery. I been down this road before. You blink your eyes and it's over with. Yea, but I still get a little stressed about major surgery.
ChangN M.
on 3/28/04 9:32 pm - AL
Hello Diane! Just wanted to drop a line to wish you the best! Keep the faith! I can also understand what you mean about keeping busy! I've also got some closets that need to be cleaned! I am planning on changing out my bedroom furniture and the like. Get this.... I am going to add the Tread Climber in my room. I want to work it girl! I have a one track mind, I not only want to lose excess fat, I want to work for a lean, hard, athletic body. I keep that vision in my mind and heart....it's my turn! I'm going for the burn! My surgery date is April 26th! I'm so excited!!! For me, all things went well until I had a biopsy done and well... I am waiting on the results. I believe all is well and I still look forward to a slimmer healthier ME! If by chance you go to Disney....ENJOY yourself! I hope all WLS people who can make it there enjoy themselves. If it were not for my surgery date being that close to the event .... I would have loved to attend. Although still tenative, my wish is to go to Disney in Florida after my weight loss....it's been a dream for far too long and I want to have the time of my life. Keep in touch! Kym
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 777 views