I have a question????? for some of you??????

Rae Smiles
on 3/26/04 10:39 am - Mount Airy, MD
what is an oreo milkshake? do you make it yourself? sounds Yummy!! Do tell... RAE
Rachelq
on 3/26/04 12:27 pm - Laguna Niguel, CA
RNY on 04/27/04 with
STOP THE MADNESS...or get me that recipe asap! Yikes! Rachel
Larakatya
on 3/26/04 3:45 pm - Twin Cities, MN
Oreo Milkshake: Chocolate Icecream Chocolate milk crushed oreo doublestuff cookies. mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm Something I make myself (is even better with bailey's or kahlua in it) ~Lara
Carol H.
on 3/27/04 4:43 pm - Turlock, CA
I am sooooo glad that someone asked this question!!!! I thought it was just me! I have struggled for the past week and even though I am working out at the gym every day, I actually gained 1 pound back. I have lost 30 pounds and I am getting worried that I won't get it off again before my surgery. I almost feel like I am losing control.....It is a dark and scarry world out there!!!!
Kimmer K.
on 3/28/04 2:26 am - Waterford, MI
Hi, Brenda! Just thought I'd drop in out of curiosity to see how our next group of WLS pre-ops is faring, and I saw your post. Yup, this is PERFECTLY normal. It's actually referred to as "The Last Supper Syndrome". You KNOW you won't be able to eat most of this stuff for a VERY long time to come, and some will be gone forever, and you're basically 'getting it out of your system'. I went so far as to make a list of things that I just HAD to have pre-op so I wouldn't want 'em so badly immediately post-op. For me, it worked perfectly (well, except for the other day when someone mentioned a grilled Reuben, and I envisioned blenderizing a Reuben Sammich...). I've got it all out of my system and am doing fine with the eating stages I've been thru so far: the "see thru" (clear fluids), the "runny stuff" (full fluids), and now, the "slop" stage (blenderized/pureed). I'm not in a hurry to get to "crunchy" (real food), so I guess I'm more patient than others. Don't worry yourself - this is so-o-o-o normal! I hit a skip in the record and did my favorite Quiznos sub sammich three days in a row...it took THAT long to get it out of my system. But I'm now "good to go"! Kimmer Queen of the Niners, Instigator to All Marchers, High Priestess of Giggles
Kare B.
on 3/28/04 7:59 am - Baltimore, MD
Brenda what and where is Chevy's? I've never heard of them. I'm from Baltimore(Dundalk). We have Captain Harvey's! The BIGGEST Cheese Steaks in the country!!! And Kimmer K, A reuban in the blendar that's funny What's funny is I'm sitting here reading what you all have written I am eating tootsie rolls and mini tootsie roll pops. Hugs to you all!! April is almost here!
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 777 views